Aspirin to prevent miscarriage?

miffy

Reaction score
Having recently suffered 2 miscarriages at 10 weeks, I'm desperate to do what I can to prevent it happening again. I've read so much on the Internet, conflicting opinions on whether low-dose aspirin helps to prevent mc. Does anyone have the low-down on this or has anyone had any direct advice from GP regarding aspirin? Thanks in advance x

I went to see my GP as i have a dicky heart, and they suggested this. Go and talk to them they will soon tell you if it is right for you - i certainly wont start taking it without seeing you GP though x x

I heard that it increases the risk of miscarriage if taken in early pregnancy..but I've heard they do use it for women who have trouble carrying to full term. Yeah as Tots Hope said ask your GP, but I don't think they investigate into why you've lost your babies unless you've had at least three miscarriages. But he should be able to tell you about the aspirin thing. Good luck! x x

I had heard about this on the net and asked the pharmacist. She said she would never recommend this to prevent miscarriage, as it can damage the baby's heart.

But yes for women with specific problems or in later pregnancy, it might be ok, but not for people who've not been prescribed it by a doc, in early pregnancy or ttc.

I have read that aspirin is only suitable in pregnancy if you have problems with your blood beong too thick, you can alweasy get your gp to run tests and check.
But i have read articles on woman that have jad succesful full term babies taking aspirin after several MC.
Sorry if im rambling and dont make much sense

i have half a tablet a day, i read its good for TTC :( worried now

I would really ask a doc. Think of how much we try to avoid taking anything in preg.

But then again, I'm in the same boat, after 2 m/c's, I'll almost try anything :) tempted to use herbs, though you are supposed to avoid them in preg but I thought I'd have a go with those that are supposed to help to prevent m/c (if there are some) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back