Ashton is here!

youngmummyd

Reaction score
My beautiful baby boy was born 2 weeks ago but hasn't gave me the easiest time so only getting my birth story on now! It could not of went anymore different than to what I hoped but would do it 100 times over to have him. I had a sweep at 3 days overdue and was told I was 2cm dilated and 1cm long so my body was getting ready :D baby was 2/5 engaged so the sweep seemed to start of my pains. I went home and had some lunch hoping it meant things were going to progress fast. All the pain was in my back so by that night I decided to stay in our spare room because there was no chance I was getting any sleep. The next morning the pains were regular at 6-7 mins apart and were getting quite sore so I took myself off to be checked and was now 3cm with the midwife thinking my baby was coming that night for sure! Excitedly I went back home and told my partner who spent the whole day bless him running about after me! By the evening though I was in absolute pain so went back up to get checked to be told no progress had been made and that I was in false labour! I was having pains of 8cm contractions bt my body wasn't doing what it was meant to. They kept me in to sedate me hoping it would kill the pains. The sedation gave me 4 hours of sleep but when I woke the pains were still there! Determined to push my body on my mum and me walked the steps of the hospital numerous times until tea time. This was now the third day of these pains and they ad got to the point I was on all fours crying for someone to help. Thy had bleeped the docs all day bt no one had been free. 4 baths later I needed something more thn painkillers so tried gas and air which I hated! Finally at 12 midnight a doctor came to see me to tell me I was still 3cm heartbreaking! He decided he needed to break my waters and that an epi was in my best interest. I was so upset because I wanted such a natural birth. Anyway up to delivery and they started my drip and injecting me for the epi when the anethetist got called on an emergency and had to leave! So I had to have pethidine which made me sick everywhere my mum was running with buckets to catch it. Horrible. Eventually she came back and had to num it all over again (good time to mention my fear of needles lol) and the epi was finally done. Omg the relief! They broke my waters which was the best feeling ever and I managed to start getting to 7cm! They had to take blood from ashtons head while he was still in me! Weird! He then got so stressed tht at 20 past 5 I was rushed to theatre and at 5:58 on 19/11/11 my baby was born. I was convinced I was having a girl so was such a surprise although in theatre through my complete exhaustion I did imagine he was a turkey much to the amusement of the surgeons :) I also looked like will from the inbetweeners with my flapping arms HA funny to look back on now but my wee rascal was worth it all! Now recovering from a wound infection but all is great! Thanks for reading if u made it this far :D xx

Attachments

• Ards-20111124-00160.jpg
    Ards-20111124-00160.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Castlereagh-20111119-00127.jpg
    Castlereagh-20111119-00127.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Castlereagh-20111121-00141.jpg
    Castlereagh-20111121-00141.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 52
Aw congrats Hun sounds like you had a tough time but he's obv worth it. Gorgeous!! Well done xxxx

He's so beautiful :love: well done hunny xxxxxxx

Aww sorry to hear you didnt have the easiest of times
. Sounds like you did an amazing job though and he's absolutely gorgeous :) x x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

awwwww well done, he is gorgeous. did it end in c section or forceps? xx

Sorry you had a tough time Hun but im sure he was worth it, he's gorgeous congratulations xx

Ah congratulations he's so cute xx

Aww what a tough time you had! Clearly worth it though, he's absolutely gorgeous!!

How much did he weigh?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! He is beautiful, well done xxx

He is absolutely beautiful, well done.

sounds like you had a right time of it. He,s gorgeous xx

What an ordeal!!!.. He's beautiful though!! Congrats for pushing through!.. no pun intended!

Thanks girlies :) samsgirl it ended with a c section :( and rachel he weighed 7 pounds and 61/2oz xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back