my baby boy Hayden

x-misspinkuk-x

Reaction score
:dance:my little prince Hayden was born Friday 18th february 2011 at 02.16am

so.......i had been having period type pains throughout the day on wednesday but they were not regular and noway painful, so naturally didnt think anything of it.
when i woke up on thursday morning i went to the toilet to notice i had lost my mucus plug. to say i was excited is an understatement. not long after that i started having slight pains that were around 8mins apart. i carried on as normal just thinking it was my body playing tricks on me. the slight pains continued being 6- 8 mins apart till 9pm . when they started coming every 4 mins.
during the course of the day i had felt baby move but only faint, so at 9.30 i rang the labour ward told them about babys movements and my contractions. they told me to come in straight away.
we reached the hospital around 10.30pm and was strapped onto the monitor straight away to make sure baby was ok. i could see when my contractions was about to start, which was a bit weird. they were so manageable i didn't think i was actually in labour lol.
the midwife came back around 12.00am everything was ok with baby,got examined and she told me i was 3cm. i was so happy. but my smile was about to disappear lol. as soon as she left my contractions started coming every 1 min. and i could feel every inch of the pain. my OH was so good. he was encouraging me and rubbing my back. the only way i could deal with the pain was by leaning over the bed and swaying my hips. felt like we were in the room for hours.
a 3rd year student MW came and moved me to the birthing centre that is part of the maternity unit. she was lovely, telling me im doing really well with no pain relief. when we got to the room i was examined again and holy crap i was 7cm. i then jumped straight into the pool and it was the best feeling ever girls!. i was also reunited with my good friend gas and air !!!!!!
the pain was so intense it was taking my breath away. i remember telling the MW i couldn't breath. around 2am i had so much pressure in my bum. i kept on saying i needed to poo and the MW told me to just go with the urge. i told her NO NOT YET YOU NEED TO BREAK MY WATERS. i then got out the pool straight to the bed, were the urge was soooooooo bad. i couldnt help it i HAD to push!!!!!
with 2 pushes my waters went. some landed on the MW which my OH found funny lol. then 2 more pushes and alot of panting my babys head was out!!!!!! another push and Hayden was born at 02.16.
no way did i think i would progress from 3cm to fully dilated in such a short time. but all the pain was worth it an i would do it all over.

i want to thank my text buddie Nat again for everything and want to thank all the ladies who helped and advised me from TTC to tri3. you are all wonderful ladies. xxxxxxx

(dont know how to add a pic on the forum but going to to put one in my avatar later.)

Congratulations Hun x

Congratulations hun, Love the name Hayden its beaut xxx

Well done you! Sounds like you done a fab job, congratulations!

awww sounds like a lovely birth, well done! :love:

thanks so much girls. i forgot to say that i had not cuts, tears or grazes. it feels so good to pee without it stinging lol. added my littleman to my avatar. xxxx

As if I missed this, I was just wondering earlier where youd got to!
Congratulations chick, thats a great birth story :)

As if I missed this, I was just wondering earlier where youd got to!
Congratulations chick, thats a great birth story :)

i'm still around hun, mostly lurking :lol:. been busy with littleman and my daughter xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back