arrrgggghhhh why is this my fault!!

elisesmum

Reaction score
so i have a 4yr old lg by my ex and 25 weeks pregnant with my oh's baby, so its fathers day i got my oh a personalised mug and card and brought it to him with breakfast in bed i then asked him if we could go out soon so i could get my daughters dad a present, so we just go to a gift shop and i end up getting him 2 presents any way on the way home i noticed oh is off with me so when we get to my mums i keep asking whats up he says nothing so i ask him serveral times but always says nothing leave it, so i did knowing full well it was because i got ny ex two presents and not 1 like him. We go see my daugters dad and was there ten mins so my daughter could say happy fathers day and i get on with him so just talking about stuff to do with our daughter so Come home he doesnt talk to me and goes and does the garden i end up getting emotional and crying because i feel like i have done something wrong and feel guilty. He then sulks in the bedroom and texts me a nasty text, he then starts saying that it was his day and not my ex's and that i should of been kissing his arse and making it special for him and not my ex, im sorry but my ex has been a fantastic father for 4 years and deserves to be appreciated our child isnt even here yet so its not even his first proper fathers day, i didnt realise it was a day about getting spoilt rotten, if he didnt strop he would of realised that i did want to treat him today and make him a nice chicken dinner but no because he was spoilt its my fault and i have ruined what should be a special day. My responce was if you think fathers day is just about getting spoilt and everything done and a day for only you to be spoilt then he doesnt know the real meaning of fathers day, spoilt frigging child needs to grow up and learn what the meaning of fathers day is actually about!!!! Rant over :) xx

I think it's lovely that you still have such a good relationship with your ex, especially for your daughters sake. I think your OH need to grow up and understand that fathers day isn't about how many presents you get! Dont feel like this is your fault because it's not - far from it! You have enough on your plate at the moment without having to deal with petty childish tantrums from your OH - tell him your not willing to argue about this and will talk to him when he can be grown up enough to talk about things.
Hope things improve soon hun :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back