totally gutted

claire_louise

Reaction score
am going to try keep this short but give the background so it makes sense, basically i've lost my best friend and the guy i adore.

back in july i started becoming very good mates with a mate (if that makes sense :? ) we got on really really well and soon feelings started to become apparenty, he broke up with his gf, because he realised his feelings for her had changed. I'd kept pretty quiet up to this point.

Anyway from then on we became pretty much inseperable would see him normally twice after work for a cuppa then one day at the weekend, just as friends, but he bought me a lovely me to you bear, and a forever friends necklace (which i've worn everyday since) then we started texting all the time, and some of it was clearly (i thought at the time) more then friends, nothing dirty, but he went away for a week and kept telling me he missed me, and couldnt wait to be closer to me, then how he wished he could fall asleep with me and wake up with me in the mornings.

eventually he said he admitted he was scared to take things further incase we ruined our friendship. then i found out i was pregnant by my ex.

he was there for me when i found out about baby and continued to see him 3 times a week and text pretty much all day everyday. go out at the weekends with his daughter etc

now he's getting back with his ex :cry: :cry: :cry: its not just that im upset about, but i hardly see him anymore, so even though i've kept my feelings well out of it, i feel like i've lost my best mate :cry: :cry: :cry: i knew this was coming over the last couple of weeks i've seen him less and less and he's been cancelling stuff we'd arranged

sorry i dont want this to turn into a slagging him off thing, cos he's not a bad guy, and i KNOW my baby should be no 1 priority, and it is, but i guess i realise how much i've relied on him and enjoyed him being around

:hug: :hug: :hug:

aww hun, maybe you should let him know that youd like his support as a friend? xx

thanks :hug: this has come on top of a really emotional week (bloody hormones) and people generally s**t stirring about me keeping my baby, so im all over the show

i have tried to show him how much he means as a friend, like the last month or so he's stopped sending all the lovely texts, he'll still text but its just normal 'hi how you doing?' kinda thing , so its been strictly just mates for a while

what makes it worse is i know some of what his ex/gf used to say/ do behind his back, it was nothing awful, but wen he was just a mate i used to think 'thats a bit off to say/do' but now he's become such a good friend i kinda think 'no love thats totally out of order' ... but i've never said anything cos i dont want him to think im sticking my nose in

thanks for the :hug:

i realise that my post prob sound horribly selfish, in fact thats prob what im being.

but i've chilled out alot today. sat in tears for about 2 hours last night, feeling like part of me had been taken away and i was just sat there hurting... then realised that didnt acomplish anything.

luckily the yucky poorly under the weather feeling i've had seems to have eased today, so maybe thats helping too :D

Since he's gone back to an ex there's every chance they wont have fixed what broke them up in the first place in which case the relationship wont last and he'll be looking to you for support in no time! Give him time to get her out of his system. I know it's wrong of him to drop a friend just because he's back in a relationship again but I have a feeling you two will be close again before long :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back