Argh! Fussy Kid!!

Heulyn

Reaction score
Linzie has just turned one, and is eating pretty much what we have now, and is usually fine - EXCEPT she's started refusing to eat meals now! It's not any particular food, it's everything!

She flaps her arms, throws the food on the floor, spits it out, and has total whinging meltdowns, and generally makes mealtimes a nightmare.

I'm at a loss, I don't know what to do :(
Has anyone had this? What did you do?
Heeeeeeelp!

*Sent from TapaTalk*SonyEricssonX10MiniPro*

I had this with my LO he was absolutely fine at eating everything then one day just decided he would refuse everything, so I gave him some biscuits knowing he would eat them and I would rather him eat something than nothing! DONT DO THIS!!! lol My OH decided this is the pattern he wanted! So we gave him a meal with us as usual and he would throw a tantrum so we would simply take the food away put it in the fridge and let him go without!! When he was hungry again that evening we would place his dinner from the fridge back in front of him and keep doing this! This lasted only a week until he realised he eats it or goes without! His now back to not being fussy!!

Let me know how u get on xxx

What do you do when she's fussing?

Lizzie goes through phases of doing this and I just take the food away, get her out of the highchair and try again a bit later. Try not to make a big deal out of it cos she might start doing it for attention.
Lou also won't eat properly when she's teething - she had a bad week with some top teeth a couple of weeks back and was surviving on yoghurts and mashed banana!

I do think it could be related to teething - she's had four top teeth all coming in at once this past week or so!

When she fusses, I first of all try to give her the food, instead of her feeding herself, then I just take it away and try later.
It's just heartbreaking because she cries, I know she's hungry, but I don't know why she won't eat :/

*Sent from TapaTalk*SonyEricssonX10MiniPro*

Sometimes if I know it's likely to be teeth then I do give in and just give her a beaker of milk to keep her full a bit longer cos I don't want her to be hungry.
I also pop some teething gel on about 15 minutes before giving her food and sometimes it helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back