Argh first thread and written in panic lol

Jellybeanjen

Reaction score
My baby is 4 days old and she eats a lot. She had a bout of crying all night in hospital and I had to wind her all night to get her to sleep. She is the same tonight and OH and I have been winding her again. She is bringing her knees up which I understand is trapped wind or bad tummy? (midwife said that) so just tried a drop of infacol which I hope is ok for her age. She has stopped crying but very restless still. What do we think??

Tapatalking so I can't see sigs x

Hey didnt wanna read and run, William had something similar at about the same time, I remember being up all night walking around the hospital trying to settle him. Holding him across your arms, face towards the floor and rubbing his lower belly helped William also doing bicycle kicks and "sit ups" and patting his bottom all helped.

I guess their little tummys are beginning to get used to milk and if ur bfing then at about four days I think ur milk changes and can give them a sore belly while they get used to the chnge in volume and stuff

Lots of cuddles and trying different things and ull find what works for your little bubble of wind

Good luck

Hey Jen, I've been giving J a dropper full of infacol before every feed for about a week now and it has worked wonders with his colic...definitely not too young for it! Hope your LO settles down soon xxx

Thank you both so much! Rubbed her belly and comforted het and managed to get her off to sleep. Heard a lot of wet farts too so hopefully that has worked. Gonna let her rest for a bit until I change her just to keep her from working her self up. She is out for the count now! Lol xxx

I'm an infacol fan too! Just make sure you keep using it as it has to build up in their tummies to work properly. It's fine for them from newborn :) Glad lo finally got to sleep!

I'm amazed by it already! So...do I give one pippette thingy before every feed? Or is there a limit at all. God I am such a newb lol xxx

it might just be all the gunk still inside her!

my LO did this a lot, and on day 3 and day 7 I think it was she did this MASSIVE yellow sticky icky sick that was just all the mucus inside her. I was a bit surprised she still had some left at a week old!

so could be that. If she is bad at giving up wind get one of those bucket tub things. Or just a bucket I guess! cause the position it holds their legs in, and the warm water will fire the wind out of them.

and go to baby massage class, they will show you how to get wind out. Or search on YouTube, just be careful though cause some of the techniques on there may not be right or safe. x

I'm amazed by it already! So...do I give one pippette thingy before every feed? Or is there a limit at all. God I am such a newb lol xxx

Yep - just one pipette full before each feed - this is 0.5ml - however, if the colic is bad, then you can give 2 pipettes taking it to 1ml per feed xx

The best thing that worked for us was doing a bit of reflexology on LOs feet. You can look it up but its mainly clockwise circles on bottom of babys feet and going up from the heel and across to the right on her right foot and across to the right and down to the heel on her left foot. Also rubbing between her big toe and next toe with a finger. It helped my Little girl loads with her wind and relaxed her enough for her to go to sleep xx

Defo infacol before each feed hun Xx

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back