massive change in baby

*Hope*

Reaction score
for the past week or 2 my 9 week old baby has TOTALLY changed. shes whingey and crying so much of the time. she used to practically never cry unless she was late for a feed.

i wind her, cuddle her play with her, she naps well, eats well and sleeps well. she in on cow and gate comfort and dentinox drops just started yesterday (the drops) for her serious wind which i think really gets to her.

have tried colief, infacol, gripe water, calpol, more attention, less attention, stimulation, swaddling, rocking...

what could this be? is it a prioblem or normal?!?! it makes me cry sometimes x

dont worry i had this finley was the perfect baby for the 1st 2 weeks never cried. but then he completley changed and explained this 2 HV and she said he had colic. give it time and the dentinox will start 2 work. we used infacol and HV said it takes 2-3 days 2 start working.
i gets better i promise.

but hers started at like 7 weeks??? she was perfect till then at least. i loked into colic and it looks like its starts like yours did at 2-3 weeks old!?!?

i think it might be because of her dummy. she takes in more air when she has it so is windyer? also if she drops it she whinges. and if she doesnt have it she cries for it.

shall i go cold turkey with the dummy seen as shes still so young. it would only get worse wouldnt it?x

Well if she has colic then usually the dummy will help soothe her so it wont give making her wind worse so thats a plus for you :) But Paige will moan for her dummy sometimes and if she drops it...shes not a happy bunny.

Are you really strict with sterilising ect? I started to get more relaxed with it and not being so careful and I really noticed the change in Paige, she even got a little tummy bug at one point, so now Im all strict.

Really hope she perks up soon for you though. xxx

thanks guys. oooh maybe i have got a tad slack on sterilizing i will try even harder now then!

just so want to make her happier. any advice very appreciated xx

no i wudnt get rid of her dummy. wen finns colic used 2 get really bad he'd have a dummy which really helped. any other time he just spits it out. and sure colic can start any time in the 1st few month. but like u say does normally start within 1st few weeks

me and other half had this problem lil man was so wingey we didnt no wat to do but then realised hes such a windy baby we tried him gripe water NEVER AGAIN!! made him have the runs an bad tummy ache :( we changed his milk an thats made him abit better we just got to try winding him more as he keeps his wind in alot in both ends lol cos wen we took him docs they sed he was a gassy baby :shock: seemed to have calmed down alot though i think its a phase they soon come out of it unfortunatly it was not long after we guessd he was so windy with his wingeyness that he somehow got himself out of it lol. x

she is such a windy baby too! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back