are digital ovulation tests worth buying?

Iwant3

Reaction score
I have 30 cheapy strip tests, but they are driving me up the wall! I am on CD15 and since yesterday evening I have had ov type cramping, a little ewcm and today have a headache (usually get one with ov)

my ov tests were faint lines up to now, and this morning I tested at 8.40am with 2nd morning pee - and got a really good line almost as dark as control so thought they would get darker over the day - well took another at 10am ( I pee a lot) and the line was back to faint again:wall2:

so I hate double guessing, did I wee too much, did I drink too much, wrong time etc etc.

DO digital tests take all the uncertainty out of this or are they just as bad:oooo:

Hi :wave:

In my opinion the digi test are brilliant, take the line spotting out the way and your in for a chilled cycle!

I had 1 bad experience with the digis, but i think that was more my cycle messing about than the tests :roll:

I did tests strips, and when the lines became positive-ish looking or i had ov aches pains i would back it up with a digi!

I have recently change to the fertility monitor, and i've been so laid back this cycle
i actually forgot test on CD15!! Luckly i didn't miss my 'peak' as got it today!

Best of luck to you x x x

Defintely defintely worth it, Clear blue one is recommended by my doctor. Makes the whole world of difference and piece of mind....

get them in bulk online, even ebay for the replacement sticks - lot of girls sell their unused ones on when they fall pg x x

do you get like a digital reader and then disposable sticks then? have had a quick look on ebay but don't want to get the wrong thing...or get the sticks but have nothing to put them in etc. lol

Am so grumpy and fed up with the strips test and my body giving me conflicting symptoms! argh

i found it much more reassuring to see a smiely face seeing as OPKS ( cheap ones ) are so fricking confusing

I bought a box of clear blue digital ovulation tests (that's a digi thingy with 20 strips) so one months supply, for £24.99 on amazon. Bargain I reckon! Their £40 in boots! I definitely think their worth it Hun, much less stressfully than having to read lines. Good luck :) xx

hmm, just looked in Tesco and they were £35! so will defo have to sorce myself a bargain :) guess it's too late for this cycle as if I order them from anyway they won't come in time - so have to carry on driving myself bananas for the next 5 or so days - arrrrrg!

i expect ur surge was during night and early morning thats y later on u got a fainter line, never used digi ones cos opks have always been spot onw ith me x

been looking at them on ebay and some good deals on there, but still very expensive per test I think! Do you only have to do one a day? or like the cheapies do them twice a day etc?

When i used the clearblue i did them once a day at about 4.30pm. But i worried about missing my surge, so i used the test strips in the morning x x

Once per day at around 10-11 am my doctor advised.
I have pcos so my LH is all over the place but it worked for me and my ovulation tracking has been very accurate x

I would definitely recommend Clearblue digital tests, I didn't get on with the cheapie ones. Like other ladies have said, have a look on eBay as you can pick them up much cheaper than in the shops :) I tend to only test once a day around 5.30pm.

I'm sticking to the cheapy stick - I have had some great lines on them yesterday and this morning :) so can stop stressing that they don't work for me...........thanks for all the advise though ;)

I used to get good lines but never as dark as I thought they "should" be so I'd do a digi!

They did the trick :lol:

xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back