Ovulation pain

Katkin72

Reaction score
Ok, I'm confused - I've been doing OV tests since AF finished 5 days ago and they have all been negative. I tested at about 6pm tonight with a negative result but I have now started getting OV pains. Also, for the past two days my BBT dropped dramatically. I use the clearblue digital tests which are supposed to be very accurate. Anyone got any advice as I don't know what's going on with my body lol :eh:

If the clearblue test havent picked up any LH then i doubt you'll be ov'ing any time soon as they are really sensitive.

As your af only ended 5 days ago i would say its a bit early for you to be ov'ing. How long are your cycles normally? They typically say that if you have a 28 cycle then you'll get a positive opk around cycle day 14. I have a 30 day cycle and get a positive on cycle day 16 or 17.

Your best bet is to buy some cheapie strip tests and test right through your cycle, and try to do 2 or 3 test per day if you can, as some times a LH surge can last only 3-4 hours. And try to do them at the same time each day so you get accurate reading. When the tests show a good reading back it up with a clearblue digi.

Or do as i have done and buy a clearblue fertility monitor, they take all the guess work out!!

Hope some of this helps, good luck with your ttc journey x x

Thanks for your advice Emma - perhaps I am testing too early. It's a bit hit & miss trying to work out when I will ovulate as my cycle seems to change each time lol. These are previous cycles I've record so far:

Cycle 1 - finished Cerazette tablets 8th Feb. AF started 19 days later. I don't know if I ovulated that cycle as I didnt test.

Cycle 2 - AF lasted 7 days, ovulated on day 19. Cycle length was 34 days.

Cycle 3 - AF lasted 4 days, ovulated on day 12. Cycle length was 21 days.

Cycle 4 - AF lasted 8 days, I ovulated around day 13 (was away so couldn't test but had all symptoms). Cycle was 25 days.

Cycle 5 - AF lasted 7 days and I am currently on day 13 with no ovulation yet.

Grrrrr, I'm so confused with trying to work out where I am with my cycles!! I know it's still early days but I am getting seriously fed up with it all...... :-(

Thanks for your advice Emma - perhaps I am testing too early. It's a bit hit & miss trying to work out when I will ovulate as my cycle seems to change each time lol. These are previous cycles I've record so far:

Cycle 1 - finished Cerazette tablets 8th Feb. AF started 19 days later. I don't know if I ovulated that cycle as I didnt test.

Cycle 2 - AF lasted 7 days, ovulated on day 19. Cycle length was 34 days.

Cycle 3 - AF lasted 4 days, ovulated on day 12. Cycle length was 21 days.

Cycle 4 - AF lasted 8 days, I ovulated around day 13 (was away so couldn't test but had all symptoms). Cycle was 25 days.

Cycle 5 - AF lasted 7 days and I am currently on day 13 with no ovulation yet.

Grrrrr, I'm so confused with trying to work out where I am with my cycles!! I know it's still early days but I am getting seriously fed up with it all...... :-(

Hiya Katkin,

I know we've spoken before about cerezette and TTC but I just wanted to say it was really helpful to see what your cycles have been like in your post above, its really reassuring to hear about people in the similar positions, since coming off the pill in January my cycles have ranged from 28-35 days & its been really difficult to know when I have OV'd (& I havnt wanted to waste to many OPKs!) & i've struggled knowing how long to wait until doing a HPT during my cycle as I get so excited as soon as I get to days 30, 31, 32, onwards etc and have no signs of AF... This month i'm going to keep track of everything though temps, opks, CM etc to try and predict OV a little better and therefore get my head around my expected cycle length etc If you do get your head around yours and have any tips let me know!! xx

Hey Katkin. Did your gp end up ever doing any tests, i couldn't remember? If your surgery insist on contining to be so crap, you could think about agnus castus. I found it regulated me after mmc last year, took it first half of cycle with some oil eve primrose and stopped after postive ov test or after 15 days if was unsure. Also took 50mg of vit b6 in the luteal phase. This combination got me into a regular 29 day cycle with ov at day 14.

Interestingly, i never got a proper positive ov test this last month when did get BFP (even tho didn't work out, must have cracked one off!), only use cheapies tho, not CB. I did however know when i ov'd due to the "popping" sensation that i know i get when i ov. Trust your body over the tests i would say... make sure you get some Bd in if in any doubt then you have the bases covered!

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies Janine and Fliss :)

Janine, it sounds like you are checking all the right things: CM, temp etc etc. I also check my cervix position - it it supposed to be a lot higher, softer and more open around the time you ovulate and lower, firmer and closed after you have ovulated. I was a bit dubious at 1st but it's a good indication of where you are in your cycle. I will keep you posted on how things progress! I missed my last ovulation because I was away visiting family, so this cycle I have been testing every day once AF finished to ensure I don't miss it again. It can get expensive as I use the clear blue digital tests, but I found some on eBay that were half the price you pay in Boots or other stores :) I tried the cheap ones I bought on the Internet but I never got a positive with those, so they were a waste of money! xxx

Fliss - no I still haven't heard back from my surgery, I've given up on them for a bit and am hoping I get my BFP this cycle. If I don't I will chase them up in a few weeks. When I 1st started TTC I bought some Agnus Castus and took it for about a week I think. But then I read that it can be dangerous to take if you do fall pregnant and don't know so I panicked and stopped taking it lol. Now I understand things a bit better I may start taking it again after my next AF, I guess it won't do any harm. I was also taking folic acid every day, but stopped a few weeks ago as I went onto the pregnacare tablets which have good reviews. We have been BDing just in case I miss the signs so fingers crossed! Thanks for all your advice, I really appreciate all your help. I am so sorry your BFP didn't work out for you this time. FX you get some answers soon and good luck for a future successful BFP xxx

Well I finally got my smiley face yesterday yay :) I was starting to think I wasn't going to ovulate this cycle. So we DTD yesterday and this morning - hope that will do the trick! We are now in Genoeva staying with my OHs sister so not much chance to DTD as it feels disrespectful in their house. Though we did sneak a quiet quickie in this morning lol ;-) purely on the basis of TTC of course!

Ok, I'm starting to worry we have DTD too early - I got my positive OPK yesterday and my BBT had dropped this morning. I'm confused, does that mean I will ovulate today or tomorrow? We DTD yesterday and today - I really hope that wasn't too early before my egg is released........ Can anyone advise me? Also, will my OH's sperm count be lower if we have sex 3 days in a row?? We feel really awkward DTD while staying at my OH's sister's house lol. I really hope we have caught the egg this time. I'm dreading telling my OH we may have to DTD again tomorrow! He doesn't cope well with pressure!
Any advice would be greatfully received. Thank you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back