April / Spring Mummies 2017 **Tri 2***

Hi everyone. Hope you're all well. Nope I'm not feeling the glow at all. I've been told by others that I have it but all I see is grey spotty skin haha. I'm suffering from bad headaches too, I used to get them every morning before pregnancy but had meds that helped that unfortunately I can no longer take - small cost to have a healthy pregnancy though I suppose.

Has anyone started getting organised with baby stuff? There's lots of babies/toddlers in my family atm so there's chance for me to get some hand-me-down stuff which is always helpful. I didn't realise how hard it is to resist buying baby clothes!!!

L x

Hi LC88, sorry to hear about your headaches. I've definitely been spottier recently, but otherwise, I can't complain about how this pregnancy is panning out so far.

I'm sure I was suffering daily with heartburn at this stage with my first - I would love to think I might escape it this time, it was horrendous!

Feeling more tired than usual, but I suppose that is to be expected. Have the odd night when I wake for a few hours during the night and the dreams are still pretty weird.

My baby bump has now made an appearance, slightly earlier than with my first, but loving my new comfy wardrobe.

Haven't bought anything for baby yet though. We're in the middle of decorating and just focusing on getting it finished for Christmas, after that we might have the space (and money!) to start getting organised. It is very hard to resist picking stuff up though, like you said.

Hope everyone else is ok, it's a shame the April thread doesn't seem as busy as some of the others.

I am new here. Baby number one due 10th April. Will find out in 6 days what we are having hopefully

Hello ladies....

Hi Donna and congrats ... this is my 2nd baby and due 7th April...... got 20 week scan Thursday eeekkkk and we're finding out too!! Xx

I found out the other day I'm having a little girl ��

Hi, I'm new to this thread, its our first baby, due 29th April. Got our 20 week scan on 12th December - can't wait to find out!

Ok.... I've been offline here for another month. Guess I'm not really the forum type lol oops
Hope everything is ok with you all and congrats & welcome to the new ladies!

I'm sneaking in here a day early, ssh! I'm due 24th April with my second baby. I also have headaches 24/6 at the moment too & did with my last pregnancy, no fun!

Happy 14 weeks :) . Hopefully you will get some energy back between those headaches. Keep yourself hydrated and sugar levels in balance if you can. Don't be afraid to take a paracetamol if you need to. x

Happy 2nd trimester ladies. I'm 21 weeks now and expecting a girl! I see many of you have had the dreaded headaches. For 4 weeks I had non-stop headaches day and night to the point it was affecting my vision. I am a nurse and in the middle of completing my degree in prescribing so have been studying pharmacology closely. Surprisingly paracetamol is still a drug that is not well understood and clinical trials are not performed on pregnant women for ethical reasons. Due to this lack of evidence I have avoided taking paracetamol. I did however find that a small amount of caffeine seems to help when I have a headache. Before being pregnant I didn't drink caffeine at all but now find a cup of caffeine tea seems to ease the feeling of pressure. I wonder if anyone else has found this helpful?

I got told that if you suffer migraine's caffeine helps if you suffer headaches caffeine makes it worse! It's an interesting little discovery that's proven very helpful since finding out!

Apparently in pregnancy, you retain more fluid behind the eyes and it's this pressure that causes the headaches, so I suppose it is that similar reaction to pressure that causes migraine as you've suggested.
I guess the caffeine just helps to offload a little of the fluid. I wouldn't go mad though... I try and have a maximum of 1 cup of tea a day. It's a lot of pressure to put on a developing heart.

To be honest it's the thing that's annoyed me the most any hint of caffeine makes me feel so ill I can't touch the stuff. I stand around sniffing coffee lol but I can't let it go past my lips lol.

Oh dear, that's rubbish but I guess your body just knows what's good for it. It has me running to the loo but it's worth it for half a day without the headache. Are you having nausea in general or just certain triggers?

I had hyperemesis for the first 3 months. Its getting much better now but i still have off days.

Happy 2nd trimester ladies. I'm 21 weeks now and expecting a girl! I see many of you have had the dreaded headaches. For 4 weeks I had non-stop headaches day and night to the point it was affecting my vision. I am a nurse and in the middle of completing my degree in prescribing so have been studying pharmacology closely. Surprisingly paracetamol is still a drug that is not well understood and clinical trials are not performed on pregnant women for ethical reasons. Due to this lack of evidence I have avoided taking paracetamol. I did however find that a small amount of caffeine seems to help when I have a headache. Before being pregnant I didn't drink caffeine at all but now find a cup of caffeine tea seems to ease the feeling of pressure. I wonder if anyone else has found this helpful?

Congratulations - another April girlie!

Oh my days, I'm glad we have someone here in the know. I find all sorts of things come up like that about drugs in pregnancy and when breastfeeding - you're led to believe something is safe but when you look into it there haven't been any sufficient studies to support the definitive advice and our health professionals are supposed to be following evidence based practice pffft!

When I developed PND with my first I found that while the midwives were saying certain antidepressants were safe, the only studies that had been carried out were old, with relatively small test pools, and there had been no long term studies on the behavioral outcomes in infants. This was therefore a factor in my decision to switch to formula. That's not to say anyone who continues to breast feed while taking for example Sertaline is doing anything wrong, just that it annoyed me that the risks and benefits weren't explained to me fully and I had to search for information myself.

Last edited:
I should post to say hello Tri 2 ladies! I've been offline while moving house which has been interesting with a toddler in tow and a growing bump. I hope you are all well.

I'm feeling 100% better now and just have days of tiredness here and there (22+4). The headaches seem to be at bay, either because things have settled down or because now I can enjoy the odd tea or coffee without feeling bleugh. My hair seems to be looking better these days too.

How are you feeling and how are your bumps developing? Mine is coming along ok but I'd like it to be a bit more taught so it looks less like I've been at the mince pies already! I tend to get heartburn on an evening now which I suspect will just get worse as we had towards due date.

I feel a lot more movement but as the placenta is anterior for me, there's nothing visible or can be felt on the outside. My little girl is all over me and keeps bringing me her toys for "her baby" and she seems to have got used to the idea that he is a he! I was totally expecting a girl so it was a surprised when we could see balls and a willy on the scan :) - now we've settled on a name I feel I'm starting to bond with the little fella.

PS if any of you ladies are not on the FB group and would like to be - PM me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back