April 2021 Mummies!

Thank you so much @Zoe_helen25 you’re wise not to buy a doppler, they are way more worry than reassurance! My friend gifted me this one and when baby is right there it’s great but times like these they’re awful!

I’m so happy all you ladies have had your scans and everything is going well. I’ve been the total opposite to everyone! My symptoms have gotten worse! The sickness is back with a vengeance (and I’m actually vomiting, not just gagging or feeling sick) I’m super tired and just want to sleep all my days away! It’s like I’m still experiencing first trimester although I’m now 14+5

Thank you so much @Zoe_helen25 you’re wise not to buy a doppler, they are way more worry than reassurance! My friend gifted me this one and when baby is right there it’s great but times like these they’re awful!

bless ya :) I keep thinking we will be feeling the kick in few weeks time. Not long to go now xxx

I’m so happy all you ladies have had your scans and everything is going well. I’ve been the total opposite to everyone! My symptoms have gotten worse! The sickness is back with a vengeance (and I’m actually vomiting, not just gagging or feeling sick) I’m super tired and just want to sleep all my days away! It’s like I’m still experiencing first trimester although I’m now 14+5

my sickness still gets me it’s comes in waves some days are good some days are bad hope it clears up soon for u hun xxx

Aww you poor thing, so stressful. I remember first midwife appointment where she tried to listen to the heartbeat she couldn't find it for ages. I was absolutely bricking it! So even the professionals can struggle if the baby's in a funny position. I'm sure it was just that.

Oh no. Hope it passes for you soon. So exhausting!

I am having a terrible time with nausea today too and a splitting headache. Having a ton of round ligament pain too so I assume it’s a growth spurt.

I started to have bleeding - not spotting - last night around 8pm at a friends house. Ironically just after sharing that I am pregnant. I rang the 24hr midwife number and all the advice was just put on a pad and if you want to you can go to A&E. each time I go to the loo and wipe I’m getting blood - not as heavy as the first time but still a bit with each wipe. I just don’t know what to do. Am I miscarrying? It’s all quite distressing and really crap that the advice is just go to A&E. we’ve started to tell all our friends and family and I’ve just not slept all night and am in bits.

I started to have bleeding - not spotting - last night around 8pm at a friends house. Ironically just after sharing that I am pregnant. I rang the 24hr midwife number and all the advice was just put on a pad and if you want to you can go to A&E. each time I go to the loo and wipe I’m getting blood - not as heavy as the first time but still a bit with each wipe. I just don’t know what to do. Am I miscarrying? It’s all quite distressing and really crap that the advice is just go to A&E. we’ve started to tell all our friends and family and I’ve just not slept all night and am in bits.

I would go to a&e, they’ll be able to refer you to the early pregnancy unit and hopefully get you a scan to see what’s going on! I hope all is ok.

I bled throughout my first and third pregnancies, but all was fine. Ironically when l miscarried my second pregnancy at 10 weeks, I had no bleeding at all. Bleeding doesn’t always mean the worst!

Oh bless you. As @Dj2015 says a and e should be able to refer to the epu and hopefully you'll get a scan. I had bleeding early on with both my first and this pregnancy and it's all been ok so far. Deffo get it checked out though. ❤️

Well that was a “fun” 24 hours. I called my GP who referred us to the emergency maternity unit. They initially tried to listen for baby’s heartbeat but couldn’t hear it so they had to do a scan. Baby was there and moving and heart beating away so that was a relief. They then wanted to do a cervical exam to find out cause of bleeding which they found to be ectropian cells (they’re completely harmless and most of the time women don’t even know they’re there) and also did a urine test and found out I have a UTI so I’m now on antibiotics for the first time in my life.

safe to say I’m relieved but very emotionally drained!!!!

Man what a stressful day! I'm glad everything was ok and you didn't have to wait too long to get an answer. Hope you manage to have a chilled evening. X

Hi everyone, so I’m currently 12 weeks and 4 days and I’ve been struggling. My first trimester has been filled with discomfort. My morning sickness was so bad that I almost had to take a leave of absence from work. My moods are so off that I can’t think straight. I have been so depressed and I feel like no matter who I talk to, no one understands. My family and friends think I’m being dramatic... and that makes me feel even worse. I cry every single day. I know this is not good for my baby. Has anyone else felt this bad during their pregnancy? I can’t seem to shake these feelings. I’m already on medication for it and it’s just not working anymore. I need help :(

@Krysta
I’m sure the morning sickness and generally feeling rough isn’t helping your mood.
I am struggling with morning sickness every day multiple times a day, headaches every day and extreme tiredness. I work from home and if I didn’t I think there would have been times I wouldn’t have made it to work.

It’s just a very physically and emotionally draining time at the moment so try not to be too hard on yourself, hopefully soon you will start feeling brighter <3

Hi everyone, so I’m currently 12 weeks and 4 days and I’ve been struggling. My first trimester has been filled with discomfort. My morning sickness was so bad that I almost had to take a leave of absence from work. My moods are so off that I can’t think straight. I have been so depressed and I feel like no matter who I talk to, no one understands. My family and friends think I’m being dramatic... and that makes me feel even worse. I cry every single day. I know this is not good for my baby. Has anyone else felt this bad during their pregnancy? I can’t seem to shake these feelings. I’m already on medication for it and it’s just not working anymore. I need help :(

YES. This was my first pregnancy. It was terrifying. At 17 weeks I woke up like out of a bad dream. I couldn’t even believe what I’d just been through. It was so, so bad and I felt utterly alone because nobody understood or could help me. My husband was an absolute saint but he was worried too. It will get better.

Well that was a “fun” 24 hours. I called my GP who referred us to the emergency maternity unit. They initially tried to listen for baby’s heartbeat but couldn’t hear it so they had to do a scan. Baby was there and moving and heart beating away so that was a relief. They then wanted to do a cervical exam to find out cause of bleeding which they found to be ectropian cells (they’re completely harmless and most of the time women don’t even know they’re there) and also did a urine test and found out I have a UTI so I’m now on antibiotics for the first time in my life.

Omg so glad all is ok!!

@Krysta
I’m sure the morning sickness and generally feeling rough isn’t helping your mood.
I am struggling with morning sickness every day multiple times a day, headaches every day and extreme tiredness. I work from home and if I didn’t I think there would have been times I wouldn’t have made it to work.

It’s just a very physically and emotionally draining time at the moment so try not to be too hard on yourself, hopefully soon you will start feeling brighter <3

It is so helpful to know that I’m not the only one feeling this way. It’s just so scary and I’m so afraid that I won’t be okay after I have the baby.
Thanks for sharing!

YES. This was my first pregnancy. It was terrifying. At 17 weeks I woke up like out of a bad dream. I couldn’t even believe what I’d just been through. It was so, so bad and I felt utterly alone because nobody understood or could help me. My husband was an absolute saint but he was worried too. It will get better.

I am hoping to see that light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks so much for sharing, and I’m so sorry you had a similar experience. I feel a little better now so thank you!

hey lovely I have not been too good so sorry just seen this so pleased everything is ok but a massive worry just so pleased ur ok and what a relief xxxxx

Glad all is ok.

I am so sorry that your friends and family aren’t being more supportive. Every pregnancy is different and just because they didn’t experience what you are doesn’t mean that your feelings should be diminished.

Pregnancy is massively life changing and scary. Try and rest as much as you absolutely can. Make sure you eat little and often. If you can think of foods that don’t turn your stomach! I have some sweets called Gin Gins and I’ve found them really helpful - mostly because I had a horrible taste in my mouth for the first 12 weeks. I also really struggled to clean my teeth - would make me retch horribly!

Can you ring the midwife and talk through how you’re feeling? I’m sure you have already explored all the avenues!

Do you have a partner? If so, have you discussed how you’re feeling and are they stepping up.

Please always post here when you need to - we are all here to support you and help as best we can. It’s so important that you keep talking and now that you’re not alone - even though it does feel like it. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back