April 2021 Mummies!

Well that was a “fun” 24 hours. I called my GP who referred us to the emergency maternity unit. They initially tried to listen for baby’s heartbeat but couldn’t hear it so they had to do a scan. Baby was there and moving and heart beating away so that was a relief. They then wanted to do a cervical exam to find out cause of bleeding which they found to be ectropian cells (they’re completely harmless and most of the time women don’t even know they’re there) and also did a urine test and found out I have a UTI so I’m now on antibiotics for the first time in my life.

safe to say I’m relieved but very emotionally drained!!!!
Glad to hear all is OK with the little one. Bleeding is always soo scary...... But keep hearing from many of my friends who experienced some sort of it. Always best to have it checked out!

Had the same thing too, twice (yikes!), and was freaking out but mine was due to a low placenta and minor placenta separation caused by a fybroid! So I'm on progesterone shots now and couch rest and doing well so far!

Glad to hear all is OK with the little one. Bleeding is always soo scary...... But keep hearing from many of my friends who experienced some sort of it. Always best to have it checked out!

Had the same thing too, twice (yikes!), and was freaking out but mine was due to a low placenta and minor placenta separation caused by a fybroid! So I'm on progesterone shots now and couch rest and doing well so far!
Oh we are fibroid friends! :wave: So glad you are doing well. It’s fascinating to me what pregnancy creates.

I am so sorry that your friends and family aren’t being more supportive. Every pregnancy is different and just because they didn’t experience what you are doesn’t mean that your feelings should be diminished.

Pregnancy is massively life changing and scary. Try and rest as much as you absolutely can. Make sure you eat little and often. If you can think of foods that don’t turn your stomach! I have some sweets called Gin Gins and I’ve found them really helpful - mostly because I had a horrible taste in my mouth for the first 12 weeks. I also really struggled to clean my teeth - would make me retch horribly!

Can you ring the midwife and talk through how you’re feeling? I’m sure you have already explored all the avenues!

Do you have a partner? If so, have you discussed how you’re feeling and are they stepping up.

Please always post here when you need to - we are all here to support you and help as best we can. It’s so important that you keep talking and now that you’re not alone - even though it does feel like it. <3

Luckily now that I’m nearing the end of the first trimester, the morning sickness has slowed down and I’ve been able to function more normally. I did learn that I needed to keep something in my stomach at all times in order to not get sick!

I do have my husband- he is just at a loss. He doesn’t understand why I feel this way and he doesn’t know how to help. He comforts me and tells me things will get better but has also commented that I’m just feeling a little too much. He’s great but he’s not emotional, at all, so he can’t relate.

I’m just hoping that it gets better. I know that stress is the last thing the baby needs and I really want to make sure I’m healthy. I go for my 13 week appointment on Thursday so I’m going to talk to them about prenatal counseling. My sister told me to join a forum and I’m so happy I did. Thank you all for your input and support, I feel so much more understood already. Just found out today were having a boy!

best of luck to all you ladies and thank you so so much!

Luckily now that I’m nearing the end of the first trimester, the morning sickness has slowed down and I’ve been able to function more normally. I did learn that I needed to keep something in my stomach at all times in order to not get sick!

I do have my husband- he is just at a loss. He doesn’t understand why I feel this way and he doesn’t know how to help. He comforts me and tells me things will get better but has also commented that I’m just feeling a little too much. He’s great but he’s not emotional, at all, so he can’t relate.

I’m just hoping that it gets better. I know that stress is the last thing the baby needs and I really want to make sure I’m healthy. I go for my 13 week appointment on Thursday so I’m going to talk to them about prenatal counseling. My sister told me to join a forum and I’m so happy I did. Thank you all for your input and support, I feel so much more understood already. Just found out today were having a boy!

Well I think you’re doing all of the right things and you should be proud of yourself!

Amazing that you found out the gender so early! How exciting. X

Glad to see you are feeling better! Stay strong mama, pregnancy is not an easy thing! Everyone goes through it in a different way and that is OK! We are all here to support each other <3

I'm also having a boy!! :cheer:

Glad to see you are feeling better! Stay strong mama, pregnancy is not an easy thing! Everyone goes through it in a different way and that is OK! We are all here to support each other <3

It’s lovely to hear lots boys we are not finding out so who know what we have. Agree with you we are here to support each other xxx

How’s everyone finding out the sex already!? A lady I follow on Instagram is due the week before me and she also know she’s having a boy!

I found out the sex of my other 3, but this time I am a little bit tempted to keep it a surprise. This is definitely our last.

Thank you! And that is so great, congratulations!!!!!! How exciting!

How’s everyone finding out the sex already!? A lady I follow on Instagram is due the week before me and she also know she’s having a boy!

I found out the sex of my other 3, but this time I am a little bit tempted to keep it a surprise. This is definitely our last.

I got the panorama genetic testing done. It looks for chromosomal abnormalities and gives you the gender. You can get it done at 10 weeks I believe! I got mine done at 11... took 7 business days to come back. It will tell you if you are low risk or high risk for the abnormalities (like Down syndrome).

I personally didn't get the genetical test done yet, maybe next time round. But my doctor seemed pretty sure about it. Quoting her: this is definitely not a baby girl's bits!! LOL! And she checked and double checked and triple checked... And we'll.... Still a boy! Haha! It will be interesting to see the next time we go to the doc! So for now I just go with "seems to be a boy" fun times!
Keeping it a surprise also is a lovely idea! For us being our first, we were so impatient so see what we made

@Dj2015 we never found out the sex of our babies before birth and that moment when baby is born and DH or I can look and see and exclaim “it’s a...” is the most magical thing in the world. I live for it. Everyone should get to experience that at least once :) Also the nurses and midwife LOVE it cause they so rarely get to see it!

I’ve had the nuchal testing done, I’ve not had the results back yet, but I assume I’d have heard by now if I was high risk.
Yeah. With mine they said if I didn't hear next day then to assume it was low risk and I'd get a letter within two weeks to confirm that.

Is anyone else pregnant with their first here? When does pregnancy feel “fun”?! I still don’t have a bump and bizarrely, I feel less pregnant now at 16 weeks than I did 6 weeks ago. The only hint that babe is still growing (hopefully) is that I’m SUPER emotional (have been teary the last couple of days) and that my boobs are still sore.
I have a scan on Wednesday (we have to find out the gender as I’m a carrier of haemophilia) so at least hopefully I’ll get to see that baby is still there and growing.

Hope you are all well (and I’m V jealous of the ladies who are showing) <3

Is anyone else pregnant with their first here? When does pregnancy feel “fun”?! I still don’t have a bump and bizarrely, I feel less pregnant now at 16 weeks than I did 6 weeks ago. The only hint that babe is still growing (hopefully) is that I’m SUPER emotional (have been teary the last couple of days) and that my boobs are still sore.
I have a scan on Wednesday (we have to find out the gender as I’m a carrier of haemophilia) so at least hopefully I’ll get to see that baby is still there and growing.

Hope you are all well (and I’m V jealous of the ladies who are showing) <3

Hey!! You should head on over to the trimester 2 thread and join us all over there :) - this is meant to be the fun part! No symptoms and just coasting along. I get your anxiety though, I went for a 16 week scan too and I’m so glad I did! Even now I’ve seen the baby inside me again, I still don’t feel real, hopefully in the next few weeks as babe goes through a growth spurt you’ll begin to see your growing bump xx

So I thought I'd get the ball rolling with April 2021 thread :smile: please correct me if I am doing anything wrong! Never done one of these before :think:
Happy tri1!
.hiya everyone! I am due a baby boy April 12th 2021. X
1 -
2 -
3 - Olivia118
4 -
5 - KTPotatie
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 - Sparrow