appointments

warrior princess

Reaction score
just wondering how often you have doctors appointments, i am 18 weeks and have never had one just the hospital scan at 13 weeks and a booking appointment i have also got appointment at hospital when i am 29 weeks at the end of march., but heard nothing from the doctors is everyone else the same :think:

Have you got midwife appointments booked too? When I first saw the doctor and went for my booking in scan they told me to ring the midwife and book in with her too and I have had midwife appts at 14 weeks, 20 weeks (after the scan), 24 weeks and then slightly more regularly (every couple of weeks I think) until the end of the pregnancy. They measure blood pressure each time and check your wee!

Don't know if the midwife system is the same near you but I would assume so. Hope that helps :)

i only have the appointment with the midwife at the hospital 31 march but nothing from the doctors inbetween just seems a long time away :?

Your GP doesn't deal with pregnancy matters as a rule, so don't expect to see him/her unless you are ill or need medical consult on something pregnancy related.

Most of your appointments should be with your MW.

Nothing wrong with being proactive and phoning up and asking the MW why you are having so few appointments. Maybe its their policy. But I'd not sit around and wait for them, but take the initiative instead and ask them about it and make your own appointments if need be.

Average appointments for me seem to be (with urine dipped, BP taken as standard)

8-12 weeks - Booking in appointment (bloods taken sometimes at 12 weeks also) Also had a private scan here for Nuchal and bloods and dating.

16 weeks - Follow up, bloods taken if not done at 12 weeks

20 weeks - Another follow up (plus my 20 week scan)

24 weeks - Another follow up and met my new MW and got to know her

I'm then having appointments with my MW at 28, 32, 34 and then more or less every week till I give birth.

I'm 16 weeks and have never had a doctors appointment, my booking in appointment was with the midwife, then I had my scan and have my 16 week midwife appointment Fri. I was given a list in my pack of when I had to see the midwife (8 weeks, 16, 20 24 etc) and was told it was my responsibility to make the appointments. If you're worried phone up your doctors surgery and ask them when your appointments should be.

just looked up on internet and second or more pregnancies NICE recommends appointments at 16, 18/20, 28, 34, 36, 38 and 41 weeks so my scan at 20 weeks proberbly counts as one and the one 31 march is the 28 week one so it looks about right

I had one at 6 weeks - when i found out i was pregnant. Then one at around 10 weeks.
Then i had a 12 week scan.
At 14 weeks i saw the midwife again
Had my scan at 21 weeks
Had a midwife app today (22 weeks)
I've got a gp app for 26 weeks and a midwife one at 30-ish i think.
in my notes there is a list of the apps i need to have, i have to book them myself :)

hope that helps, though i'm sure if you call your midwife she can advise you further :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back