Long time between midwife appointments

Sunshine

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Just a quick query. I am now 17 weeks and have not seen a midwife/doctor about my pregnancy since I was 11 weeks.

I had my 1st midwife appointment on 8th July where she gave me my notes and asked a few basic questions. I made an appointment for 12th August for my "booking appointment" to fill in my notes. I had an appointment come through to see the consultant on the 27th July (gestational diabetes and underactive thyroid) at my local hospital. The midwife from the hospital phoned me the night before because she realised that I had not been "booked" so she wanted me to get to the hospital 1/2 hour early to fill my notes in. I had this booking appointment at the hospital and saw the consultant after and whilst I was there I had my dating scan ( I had it booked for later that week but as I was there they did it there and then).

On the day of my original booking appointment (12th August) my midwife phoned me and said that seeing as though I had had the appointment at the hospital she did not need to come to see me. As I had a date for my 20 week scan she said she would see me at 24 weeks.

So I am now in the middle of a very long wait from my 11 week scan to my 20 week scan (2 1/2 weeks away) and it seems like I have just been left to get on with it. I haven't even heard baby's heartbeat yet. I cannot feel any movements yet and I would love some reassurance that all is well.

Any body else had to wait this long? In my last pregnancy it seemed like I was at the Drs or the hospital all the time because of my complications, but this time they don't seem very bothered.

Oh well - I'm sure all is OK - it is just such a long wait!!

Hope you are all well.

Sunshine

I had my booking in appt at 8 weeks, then my next appt wasnt until 18 weeks, in between then I had a scan at 13 weeks and blood tests at 15 weeks, my next appt is next week should be this week but shes on hols and should get them every 4 weeks until week 34/36 when I'll see her every week

I had my booking in apointment at 8 weeks,
saw the midwife at my 12 week scan,
had bloods done at 16 weeks but didnt see midwife,
saw her again at my 20 week scan.
next time i see her will be at 26/27 weeks.

I have spoken to her on the phone inbetween these times

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back