apparently

Squeakz

Reaction score
Weaning is going back to 4 month guidelines acc to drs and nurses ar rhe hosp xx

I start weaning at 4 and half months she was completely weaned by 5.5! Best thing I ever done! So I'm all for it! X

Last edited:
Oh sorry please ignore this thread i didnt see all the ones vlosed before and didnt want to start something IGNORE x

If this is going on in the world it is perfectly ok to discuss ....

I have moved to the relevant forum though :D

Have they said why squeakz?

I know personally at 4 months Aaron was nowhere near ready for weaning so probably would have waited anyway

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

I think it is prob just a guideline (as with the current 6 months) some babies are ready then, others aren't. I fully anticipate that the twins may not want weaning as early as h (18 weeks)
Xxx

No idea they just said that they were probably going to put the guidelines back to 4 months .... i was a bit shocked but i spose it is just guidelines!! We have to wean greg early anyway (reflux) and i think im probs just gonna stick to baby rice for a long time yet but yeah thats what they said...

Joshua wasnt ready until about 5.5 months either!

I think actually putting a date down for weaning is a bad thing.

if they are now saying "wean at 4mnths" then a lot of mums will start weaning at 3. (I know a LOT of mums that are just desperate to wean, and dont necessarily wait until baby is ready)

I think they should get rid of the date altogether, and just EDUCATE mothers that gluten etc is bad bad bad before 6mnths, and teach you what signs to spot to show you that your baby is ready. And sod what bloody age they are!

i think thats probably the most sensible option really. if g doesnt take to baby rice we wont force the matter just the same with J. HE was a hungry baby and just didnt want weaning earlier he just wasnt ready and then BAM all of a sudden he was

I think it's best as it is tbh. 6 months has always been a guide but I think it's a good one. It's better to give a later date than an earlier one IMO. Of course they're all the same though and some will need it before or even after that. But by around 6 months theyre reaching out for food, supporting themselves, sitting up etc

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

A guideline is simply that , some babies are ready to wean early however some are not . Ruby was one of the babies who was ready to wean before the suggested guideline of 6 months . I spoke with my HV first and she agreed with me , she told me not to give her baby rice as to stick with puréed veg xxx

I think actually putting a date down for weaning is a bad thing.

if they are now saying "wean at 4mnths" then a lot of mums will start weaning at 3. (I know a LOT of mums that are just desperate to wean, and dont necessarily wait until baby is ready)

I think they should get rid of the date altogether, and just EDUCATE mothers that gluten etc is bad bad bad before 6mnths, and teach you what signs to spot to show you that your baby is ready. And sod what bloody age they are!

I agree with this quite a lot ^^^ , there is so many mums out there (many that I know) that have no idea what they should and should not give their children... though I would say a 6 month guide is soooooo much better than a 4 month one... one of the ladies I know started weaning at 8 weeks, no reason for it either, purely because she could! there needs to be education about how a babies body continues to develop internally after they are born. they don't have the enzymes in the gut to break food down properly until around 5/6 months hence the current guide line! x

I really don't understand the rush to wean?

What is it that makes you want to do it as early as possible? Am I missing something

I had to wean early at 5.5 months on medical (paediatric dietician) advice and I was gutted

Tapatalk madness!

I really don't understand the rush to wean?

What is it that makes you want to do it as early as possible? Am I missing something

I had to wean early at 5.5 months on medical (paediatric dietician) advice and I was gutted

Tapatalk madness!

I am a bit bewildered to tbh.... Milk is so much easier!! Xx

It's probably something that's always going to change. There is no right or wrong. Because every baby is different. Some babies need weaned a little earlier than others. Others are content and happy on milk.
Some babies are ok weaned early, some it causes problems. Maybe they should be more of a focus put on looking for signs? Not an age?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back