Help! Fellow Gina Ford Weaning followers please read

dolly

Reaction score
hi eveyone,

I am a couple of weeks into weaning and very confused. I started when my baby was 22 weeks and followed the plan for a 4 month old baby in Gina Ford. The reason being is that she explains that feeding your baby too much too soon is bad for his digestive track. hence why i did not go straight to the 5 month plan.

I am still doing the 4 month plan, even though he is 24 weeks next Thursday. Do I automatically switch to doing her 6 month plan next week? will his little stomach be able to take it? and if I keep doing the 4, and then 5 month plan, will he be getting all the nutrients he needs?

Its annoying, as government guidelines are to start at 6 months, but she doesn't really give you that option! its start at 4 months or nothing??

What did everyone else do? and is there a good book for when you start weaning at 6 months??

thanks guys
D xx

I'm not follow a plan, but I say follow baby's lead, they show you how much they want and what they like/dislike. Just stay away from gluten products until 6 months.

You don't need a plan, cave-women didn't have a plan, or a blender for that matter! oooh I wonder if they pre-chewed food for babies like other animals do!?

will he be getting all the nutrients he needs?

He will still be getting all the nutrients he needs from his milk, at the mo it's all about tastes and textures. So I'd do the 5 month plan as there are certain things they can eat at 6 months that aren't recommended before that time, like gluten :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back