HELP! Fellow Gina Ford Weaning followers please read

Discussion in 'Feeding & Nutrition' started by dolly, Nov 9, 2007.

1. dolly

dolly Active Member

hi eveyone,

I am a couple of weeks into weaning and very confused. I started when my baby was 22 weeks and followed the plan for a 4 month old baby in Gina Ford. The reason being is that she explains that feeding your baby too much too soon is bad for his digestive track. hence why i did not go straight to the 5 month plan.

I am still doing the 4 month plan, even though he is 24 weeks next Thursday. Do I automatically switch to doing her 6 month plan next week? will his little stomach be able to take it? and if I keep doing the 4, and then 5 month plan, will he be getting all the nutrients he needs?

Its annoying, as government guidelines are to start at 6 months, but she doesn't really give you that option! its start at 4 months or nothing??

What did everyone else do? and is there a good book for when you start weaning at 6 months??

thanks guys
    D xx

2. DebbieM

DebbieM Well-Known Member

You've posted in the wrong section but I'm sure a mod will move this for you shortly so that some other Mum's can help you :D