Apologies for potential stupid question...

Rachie

Reaction score
...This is my first baby so I have no frame of reference :oops:

I'm just eight weeks and my clothes have begun to feel VERY snug - my Mum never gained any weight except on her tummy, but my ass and thighs appear to be growing in time with my bump! :shock:

I know this sounds like a very vain question, please do bear with me. :pray:

Do we gain weight all over? Or is it probably just that I'm subconsciously eating more...? Don't get me wrong, I ain't going to diet whilst I'm PG, I just want to make sure my weight gain is healthy and not just sloth... :wink:

I have gained weight everywhere! along with stretch marks..but some people only get bump, and some people only gain weight in 1 place..so it really depends on the person...if you are gaining weight already then thats just what most people get with pregnancy to be honest, its perfectly normal, you're body will change alot during you're pregnancy...

and congrats on pregnancy!!! :)

I gained weight everywhere with Ella, I think it's pretty normal as your body is laying down fat stores for breastfeeding.

yeah as kins says your body puts down fat stores in preperation for feeding the baby. Last time round I ended up with stretch marks on my thighs and bum as well.

Rachie said:
...This is my first baby so I have no frame of reference :oops:

I'm just eight weeks and my clothes have begun to feel VERY snug - my Mum never gained any weight except on her tummy, but my ass and thighs appear to be growing in time with my bump! :shock:

I know this sounds like a very vain question, please do bear with me. :pray:

Do we gain weight all over? Or is it probably just that I'm subconsciously eating more...? Don't get me wrong, I ain't going to diet whilst I'm PG, I just want to make sure my weight gain is healthy and not just sloth... :wink:

Supposed to be the sign of a girl baby.. I was exactly the same with Jaycee but now, its just a podgy belly coming along lol! I have a feeling this ones a boy...

Sorry to dispel that myth cause I got fat all over and had a boy!

Cat&Noah said:
Sorry to dispel that myth cause I got fat all over and had a boy!
:lol: aww soz hun! xx
Some work out, some dont! Its all in good fun! :lol:

I think in the end we all gain fat all over as its biological and put down for breastfeeding. I have put weight on all over :( I'm having a girl. I do feel quite confident it will come off eventually though, I mean if you are relatively healthy and go back to doing your regular exercise once you've had the baby it should come off with a bit of effort :D

Oh by the way don't feel vain, its only very recently I have been feeling so positive and I still have days where I look at my body and cry :rotfl:

It does come off, I'm lighter now than before I had Ella (still losing weight actually :? ) and I put on nearly 4 stone.

Mine dropped off after BF and walking 15 mins a day, taking bubs out in pushchair xx

I lost is all over the few months after the birth just by watching what I ate. I havent toned the tum muscles up yet cause Im PG with number 2. But afterwards I will be doing sit ups every day!

Ladies (Cat, Kina and Jaycees Mum) that makes me feel really hopeful! I plan to go for a walk everyday and as soon as I've had the all clear get back into exercising, call me mad but I can't wait!

Thank you all so much, I was almost too scared to visit the forum in case I got lots of boos for being vain, but you've really helped to reassure me. I guess my real prob is I've suffered from eating disorders for the past 6 years and altho officially I'm controlling that now that I have a new focus (it's not all about me any more!) I still have my demons in the back of my head that are analysing every pair of jeans that feel tight and every bulge that wasn't there when I was being unhealthy. I'm trying to be sensible now but every now and then it creeps up on me :oops:

Cassi, thanks for the congrats! Kina/Cat, the breastfeeding explanation has helped me to gain perspective :) I like Jayceesmumma's potential baby girl explanation, even if it might be a myth :wink:

Skatty, thank you sooooo much for the reassurance, at least I know I'm not alone! I suppose the hormones will be contributing to a lot of my tears too! I've quit the hardcore gym regime but have started pilates and water work outs instead to try and keep toned. DH keeps reminding me it's more important that I create a safe environment for the bebe and I totally agree... just need to keep my mental health in check too! :wall:

Thanks for not calling me selfish... :hug:

I dont think your being selfuch at all. Im very aware of my appearance after haveing a curved spine throughout my teens. Only a couple of years before having Noah did I become completly happy with my appearance, and I wasnt really to have that taken away from me. When I got stretch marks appear on the backs of my thighs I cried so much, feeling like my body was ruined for ever. But they faded completly so I wore little shorts during the summer. Okay I wont be wearing short skimpy tops for a very long time (if ever) but I have bought lots of other nice clothes, it has taken time I wont kid you, having a child will change your body for ever, but you get used to it, and what seemed awfull and depressing to start with, gets better over time and you get used to it and you forget what you were so upset about before. Its not bad, just different.

ive lost 7lbs and im having a girl

ur probably just bloated

Hun, tbh i PREFER my after baby body! I dont like the stretch marks on my bum and boobs but they did fade! CocoaButter Palms Stretchmark cream and bust firming massage cream was brilliant!! Im buying my new batch tomorrow!! Bio Oil is tops for existing stretchmarks too.
Love your body! After ur seeing your bubs, u wont care how u look! Ur LO will love you no matter what! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back