Does the weight come off easier after baby number 2?

Julia

Reaction score
Hi Mums!

I am currently 27 weeks pregnant with my second baby. Just a quick question - does the weight come off quicker / easier after baby number 1 or baby number 2 - or is there no difference?

I am very weight conscious and have started putting on weight around my thighs and bum. I am not as big this time around as I was with my first pregnancy (and it took about 8 months for my weight to start going back to normal (I am usually about 9 stone 10 pounds).

I know it sounds vain, but getting back to normal makes me feel fab!!

Love and thighs,

Julia xxxxx

For me it was much easier after no 2, i never lost all the weight from no 1, and i have lost all my baby weight from no2 plus another stone this time round. I have breastfed this time tho and i think that was key for me. :cheer:

I certainly went back to my original weight far quicker with nº2 than nº1.. I never fitted into any of my pre pregnancy clothes after Tia but this time I was back in them by 2 weeks...well the bottom parts... my boobs are HOOOOOOOGE still and none of my tops really cover them.... well my stretchy ones do but I can't bend over or a boob pops out... :D

Well for me the weight droped off really fast after my first....I was just so consumed by him I just didn't think about eating...that coupled with breastfeeding and my weight dropped lower than it was pre-pregnancy.
After my daughter was born the weight came off, but not quite so fast and it stuck for a while...mostly because rather than make time to eat properly, i'd grab stacks like mars bars and was drinking 2ltrs Dr Pepper a day...and my daughter isn't such a milk monster!
-I'm still heavier than I was, but I'm not trying to lose anymore because I did go a bit underweight after having my son, so i'm happy to keep this extra half a stone.

Thanks for your replies, girls!

Breastfeeding with my first baby got me really down and I did not lose much weight from it...don't know why?!? I only breast fed for 8 weeks so perhaps I did not do it for long enough.

I am hoping after this pregnancy the weight will fall off (I am going to eat loads of smoothies and veg with chicken). To be honest I am fed up of eating sweet things in a funny kind of way - I normally have a really healthy diet when not preggers but I am craving sugar at the moment!!!

I think also, this time around I will not be able to sit down for hours on end with my new baby because my little girl won't let me (which is a good thing!!)

Julia xxx

id lost all babyweight after 2-3 months - but with my second i do think it was slightly faster.

That's good to hear!!

Want it to literally melt off this time around....

Julia xxxxxxx

ooo i thought the 2nd time round would be worse, this is great news

I had my baby 10 days ago and I've lost over a stone already! I only put on a stone through the whole pregnancy and I now weigh less than pre pregnancy! I am breastfeeding this time though so think it's making a huge difference!

I'm liking this thread!! I also thought that second time around would be harder but it's good to hear it wasn't for a lot of people :D :cheer:

Definitely quicker 2nd time around :D

I lost my baby weight and some more this time :dance:

I'm afraid I'm the one that'll annoy you all cos in my experience it's got harder each time.

Didn't even think about losing weight after no 1 and it just fell off.

But had to work harder and wait longer after number 2, then after number 3 I barely lost anything for about 3 months and had to start a proper diet exercise programme to shift the pounds (carefully tho - I was still breastfeeding).

That said though, I did have much bigger babies in my second and third pregnancies and put on far more weight - didn't really be careful about my diet or anything. So I put on about 3 stone with each, compared to about a stone with my oldest.

This time round I am desperately trying not too put on too much weight as I got really down about my size last time, also don't want another 10lb baby!

Breastfeeding definitely makes a difference, especially if you can get beyond the 4 month mark as the milk becomes much more fatty at this point to suit your baby's needs and this uses up your fat reserves!

It came off much easier the second time for me and im 25 pounds lighter then my pre pregnancy weight !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back