Anyone using Clearblue Digital Fertility Monitor?

Misstinkerbell

Reaction score
Hi there!

Im using the CBFM for the second month and i have had high fertility days from day 6 of my cycle, basically the first test strip of the cycle (im on day 9 now). One of the lines on the strips is a very dark blue and the other is a faint blue. I took a pregnancy test on the day my period was due and it was negative but because of my fertility being constantly high i took another one 3 days ago but it was still negative so its obvious im not pregnant, i was just wondering if anyone else has had the same results, constant high fertility, and what was causing it?
Thankyou so much in advance for any replies!
:)

Don't have any advice I'm afraid but wanted to wish you all the best. I was wondering about getting one of these myself when I get my cycles sorted

Hi this is my forth month of using the CBFM but i am a little confused as to what lines you are refering to all you have to do is POAS and insert the stick into the monitor the monitor reads it and tells you if you are at low, high or peak fertility i havent read any thing about looking at blue lines

they say it takes the first month or two to understand your bodys cycle so it can work out wether to tell you to start testing on day 6,7,8 or 9 it now tells me to start testing on day 9 and i usally get my peak reading about 9 days later so that would be CD18

Sorry if i am not understanding your question properly

I have never used OPK's, or anything like that (in my long 2 months ttc!), but think I will from next month.
It seems quite simple to use, according to AislingC...but the most simplest things can be the most complicated to me,lol!
Good luck with it all anyway, and would be interested to hear how you are getting on with it, and if you are finding it helpful
xxx :)

Hi AislingC

Sorry, im not very good at writing what i want to say, it sounds good in my head but then doesnt make any sense on paper!
Anyway, i meant the sticks that you pee on, after ive inserted them and got my reading before i threw the first one away i noticed that there were 2 blue lines, one darker than the other, the same with the ones ive used since! Ive since found out that they arent important its just supposed to mean that im about to ovulate but i finished my period on day 5, started testing as requested by the machine on day 6 where my it showed High fertility and has done ever since! I was just concerned because it seems to be a bit early in my cycle for my fertility to be so high especially the day after my period! I just wondered if anyone had the same happen to them whilst using the CBFM!
Hope that clears it up a little!!

Oh i understand what you mean now i have never had this myself but i havent followed a particular pattten either i have a 33 day cycle and

for the month of June i had 4 days of low 5 days of high, 2 days of peak then 1 more day of high

for the month of July i had 6 days of low, 2 days of high, 2 days of peak then 1 more day of high

The Clearblue Fertility Monitor is unique as it tracks 2 hormones to typically identify up to 6 fertile days – it not only shows you your 2 peak fertility days, it can also inform most women of an extra 1-5 days of high fertility prior to their peak fertility.

I guess it depends on the length of your cycle, i understand this as it CAN give you up to 7 BD days the 1-5 high days and the 2 peak days.

I would suggest that you call the clearblue advice line on 08705673514 they are open mon-fri 9am til 3pm they are lovely and anwser all your questions i have phone them twice now and they have been very helpful

Thanks Aisling, like you say i think it just depends on the person!
Ill give it till Monday and if there hasnt been any change then ill give the Helpline a ring!
Thankyou for taking the time to answer my question!x

Thats ok let me know how you get on i am interested incase it happens to me in the future

This is great to know others are using it...mine arrived today. So please keep us posted.

I read it quickly an hour ago, i am day 8 of my cycle 24 days usually, so do i have to wait for day one now of my next one?

Thanks

Last edited:
This is great to know others are using it...mine arrived today. So please keep us posted.

I read it quickly an hour ago, i am day 8 of my cycle 24 days usually, so do i have to wait for day one now of my next one?

Thanks

Yeah unfortunately you have to wait until the first day of your next period then it will probably request a test stick on day 6!
Let me know how you get on!
Lots of baby dust for you!!
xx

:dust:Oh thanks!

Will do, i was quite excited to start it, i'll carry on with OPK's this month then. It gets good reviews too so fingers crossed for us.

Keep in touch, Nicki xx

I have used cbfm for my 1st month of trying... it read high from day 6 and I never got to peak, prob due to just being off the pill. i didn't use it this month as I waiting for my cycles to become more regular.

Ive just been reading up on the cbfm actually, and good lord, its expensive,lol! But, if it puts my mind at ease, then I suppose it will be worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back