Fertility monitor and my crazy body

Lilliana

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am hoping someone here will be able to help me not drive myself mad!

I started using the Clearblue fertility monitor about three months ago because, after 6 months of TTC, we were not getting anywhere. So far my cycles have run thus:

First two months I did not show up as having ovulated at all (first cycle was 29 days and then the second was only 15). That was confusing enough but,, because I've always had crazy periods I wasn't surprised. This month though I showed peak fertility on the 11th and 12th day of the cycles. That was fine. On day 22 my monitor's m button started to flash to signal the beginning of a new cycle. It is now day 34 and still no witch. I got excited then because I thought maybe a miracle had happened and took a pregnancy test which was negative. Left it a few days, did it again, still negative. Another few days took another one still negative but sitll no period which would mean that my luteal phase is now approximatley 21 days. Is this normal?

I am losing the will to live here!

Hi I am really sorry your having a rubbish time!

I cannot give any help I did not want to read and run! Your af sounds all over the place have you considered going to see you go?

xx

I have thought about going to the doctor but didn't want to go there without having tried for a while. My AF is totally messed up and has been since I was a teenager unfortunately. I'm just hoping it's not a sign of something very bad :eh:

The cbfm is not reccomended for someone with an irregular cycle really. Its for someone who has I think between 28 to 38 cycle at a push. You might be better off trying some cheap opks from the internet. I know thats a pain but the monitor I think gies to low fertility on cd25 as its inly programmed to use 20 sticks sonits possibly not accurate for you. Hope you get something sorted.

Hi Lilliana,
Hope you don't mind me posting on here - but wanted to offer some advice because I used the CBFM to concieve.

I used it for 3 months and had cycles of 31 days, then 30 days, then 24 days (the month I conceived). For up to the first three months the machine is getting to know your body, so the longer you use it the more accurate it will become. I got peaks on month 2 and 3 - month two I ovulated on around CD17, and on month three I ovulated on CD13.

I was wondering what yuo luteal phase normally is? 21 days is quite long - as this should stay the same every month with just a day or two variation. Anything between 10-16 ish is normal for this. If your Luteal phase is regular then it is the follicular phase that is different every month - the time from CD1 to Ov.

If your luteal phase is very irregular or very long (or short) then you might want to talk to you doctor...sorry if you already know all this, hope it is a bit helpful.

Also - might be your body taking a while to settel down after coming off the pill?

xxxx

Sorry for the late reply but I've been away all week.

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to have to speak to the doctor because I am now on day 40 of my cycle, the CBFM predicted ovulation on day 12ish and still no AF. That would make my luteul phase 28 days long even if AF arrived tomorrow. Something is wrong there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back