anyone understand blood pressure?

Kimbo

Reaction score
i dont understand it at all and just wondering if anyone else understood mine?

at 6 weeks it was 120/75
10 weeks 120/75
13 weeks 120/70
17 weeks 120/70
25 weeks 110/60
today 100/60

does that mean its gone lower? :think: i dont understand it lol

yeh it is lower but it is still very normal for a young healthy woman so I wouldnt worry

Your blood pressure is going down slightly but that's not a bad thing. Try to be careful if you get up quickly or getting out of bed as this causes your blood pressure to fall slighlty further and you may experience some dizziness.

Its the top measurement medics keep an eye on really as this is the pumping pressure of your heart (systolic)and shows the pressure in your arteries when your heart is forcing blood through them. The bottom number, called the diastolic pressure, shows the pressure in your arteries when your heart relaxes. I'm guessing your in your twenties and for someone of your age, anything between 100 and 130 is fine.

yeah kim.. its gone downa bit but thats great.. coz it gives u more room to go up in later preg.. which it usually does just before you go into labour..

My normal BP is 110/60-65 so yours is entirely normal Kim. Nothing to worry about. It can go up and down on an hourly basis too. Mine climbs the walls when I am at the Drs as I suffer from white coat hypertension and it's gotten up to 140/70 before which is high for me!!!

thanks everyone so im not popping off just yet!

LOL, no. Put it this way. My friend who was recently very ill (and is still poorly) has a BP reading of 70/50 at the moment and she is still standing... just!

lisa&alex said:
Kimbo said:
thanks everyone so im not popping off just yet!

no unfortunatly.. :moon:

:rotfl: :rotfl:
bitchslap.gif

Thats not low - mine was 80/45 the other day! They said they weren't concerned but just had to keep an eye on it very closely. I'm seeing a cardiologist as well but im not worried yet! Just be careful in what you do - i find taking things slowly helps loads. Just take things easy - its the perfect excuse not to do anything!

as long as the second number does not rise above 90 this starts to be high blood pressure your is normal

id have expeceted you to ahve high blood pressure kim.. after all the bacon butties you have been eating.. and potato pie things.. oh and the bickies..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back