blood pressure

Amylize

Reaction score
Just a quick question can anyone enlighten me on blood pressure and whats normal for my stage. Previous readings are:
110/68
120/70
134/66
122/60
128/72
140/84 which was todays

All of them look normal except last one you had today. Seems a little high, did they say anything about it? Xx

No she said it was fine thats what im a little confused about. Tbh im not happy at all with my mw appointment today. They tested my blood pressure and wee also heartbeat. They didnt measure me and when ive looked on on notes they have written anything down?! It wasnt my usual midwife today

The first number is systolic and the second number is diastolic.

If your systolic is above 140, and/or your diastolic is above 90, this is considered mild hypertension.

I guess your mw just thought it was borderline and therefore fine. But I'd prefer to get it checked out since it's so different to your other results. Maybe make a gp appointment to get it tested again in a few days? xx

I was like that... One week my blood pressure was really high. No reason. She said just to keep an eye out for headaches and dizzy spells etc and call in. Was fine when I went back today.x

Hope you don't mind me jumping in!

I was diagnosed with Pre-Eclampsia towards the end of my pregnancy and my BP was always around 170/110 which was obviously high

Your readings look ok so far but they will prob monitor you and just keep an eye on it to check it doesnt get higher and higher.

I think mine started to get high at 27 weeks and just increased every week!

You could of just been having an 'off' day.. or I was told to avoid caffeine and anything energetic before my appointments to get an accurate reading.

I am sure its ok though :) good luck with your pregnancy!

These readings look like mine lol im also getting protein in my urine headaches and dizzy spells but have been tested for p-e! Im being checked every 2 weeks from now on! Go and get checked with the doc if ur not happy x

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

We're you anxious with it being someone different, or did you rush to appt?

I'd had to park at opposite end of hospital the other day so was in a mad rush, when she did my bp was 150/100! At which point she panicked but did it again at the end of appointment and it was 120/80 Midwife said it was probably just because I'd been rushing and was worried about scan results xx

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

It is a little high, but not too much to warrant concern. Like the others have said there could be many reasons why it was higher. I wouldn't worry too much - this will increase your BP too. You could always got to your GP to get it taken again, but I should think that you'll be fine as long as you feel well x

I was red hot! I even said when i walked in i was so warm:( its awful is this humidity!
I am gonna get my OH mum to check it on sunday as she is a district nurse, if its the same ill leave it but if its higher gonna make an appointment at the GP's for next week :) A little worried because my mum suffered with high blood pressure

x

I have white coat syndrome and loathe having my BP taken - I'd prefer them to take blood or give me an injection!! It is a proper phobia I have had my whole adult life.

My readings are always on the high side, and they always take a few readings (my readings lower each time!)

I really wouldn't worry, even your highest BP reading seems fine to me hun, a little on the high side but nothing to cause concern

xxxxxxxxx

Checked my blood pressure yesturday and was at 106/66 so lowest its been lol! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back