Blood Pressure and Iron Levels

Jade&Evie

Reaction score
Just had my midwife round for check up- She took my BP and it has dropped to 110/60- is this normal for someone at 32 weeks?!? :?

Normally it is about 120/65...

She also advised I start taking iron tablets... I've heard this causes the babys head to get bigger (that might just be my mum's medical journal mind you...). How else can you increase iron levels?

Hiya,

My BP was 100/60 last weekend (I had a urine infection but the 2 arent related) and the midwife wasnt concerned at all. Normally mine has been around 140/70 so it was quite a drop but she said not to worry about it!

Your BP sounds normal - i woudn't worry about it.

Spinich helps with Iron intake - not heard that iron tablets make the babies head any bigger though?

Oh also, i've had low hb levels right from the start of this pg, I was put on ferrous sulphate (iron) and they made me so constipated and made me feel sluggish. I stopped taking them and just take regular pregnancy vitamins and make sure I have dark green veg every day, also cornflakes etc are fortfied with Iron as well. When I had my bloods taken at 28 weeks my hb levels were fine so my midwife said just carry on doing what i'm doing...

Have never heard of the big head thing tho...

The BP sounds normal to me. Mine is normally 110/75 ish and dropped to 90/60 at 32 weeks so I think it's pretty common. It does make me have lightheaded spells though so I can't go too far from home and my OH has now banned me from driving :cry:

As for the iron, have you tried SpaTone? It's like mineral water with added iron and it gives you 36% RDA so it's not over the top but it gives you all you need because it's so easily digested. I'm on it and it's made a hige difference - with the added bonus that it's FREE on prescription.

Good luck :hug:

Don't worry about your bp, mines usually 100/50-60ish and a couple of days ago it was 110/40!!!!

I probably need to take iron tablets but i'm resisisting, it'll be spinach all the way for me!

Your bp sounds ok to me but it depends whats normal for you.

Im always around 90/60 and have been throughout my pregnancy it does not cause me any problems its just one of those things.

My blood pressure has been 100/60 for the last 4-6 weeks - its fine and perfectly normal for this stage of pregnancy.

i was told to try and up my iron intake, midwife suggested cereals, dried apricot and my fave......... choccy :D

Mine was 110/60 and my MW said it was fine and nothing needed doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back