• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone ttc even though you shouldn't??

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Is there anyone who is ttc but common sense tells you you are mad? What is your head saying when your heart says ttc ttc ttc?

For me -
1) I already have 4 kids
2) I live in a four bed house (the twins share a room) so my little girl (fx) would need a room built
3) I am starting a new business as we speak
4) I love going on holiday (try finding a holiday for a family of 7!!!!)

I am the only one with dozens of reasons I shouldn't (but am) ttc? Xxxx

No, no I am the same :)
o/h never here
neither of our jobs are really great for child-raising
money is none-existent we built our own house
Also love holidays

Probably several other reasons that I can't think of too! :lol: but the instinct has kicked in and none of that seems to matter. I'm in the "we'll manage" frame of mind x

No, no I am the same :)
o/h never here
neither of our jobs are really great for child-raising
money is none-existent we built our own house
Also love holidays

Probably several other reasons that I can't think of too! :lol: but the instinct has kicked in and none of that seems to matter. I'm in the "we'll manage" frame of mind x

Me too, that what I keep saying "we'll manage" xx

We'll manage too, lol things are tight but not impossible, I keep looking forward to the hand-me-downs lol

We'll manage too, lol things are tight but not impossible, I keep looking forward to the hand-me-downs lol

Nothing wrong with that babe. It's never the perfect time though is it (another thing I keep telling oh!) xx

Yeah, and just when we'd figured out when we wanna try, my lil bro decided (after 8 years) to finally get married, so, kinda trying to avoid raining on that parade (though I think his girlf would love it, she's an only child so I'll be the only way she can be an Aunt ha lol)!!

Oh yeah, she'll be made up I'm sure, she can get some practice before she has her own maybe! xx

Oh yeah, she'll be made up I'm sure, she can get some practice before she has her own maybe! xx

She's a funny one, told us all before that she'd rather adopt than add another child to the world when other ones need a good home etc, which is fair enough but I think she'll change her mind about that one day.

She's more than happy with three cats right now lol

Unless I win the lotto it will never be a great time for me to TTC so we bit te bullet, started trying and when I get PG we will get by. Im sure it will be a hard road but worth it

She will change her mind once she sees your little bundle xx

I think that we can all think of reasons why not to be ttc yet...

Mine would be:
- Nature doesn't want hubby to reproduce ;)
- Won't have a kitchen until next year (we have a sink and a microwave atm).
- I'm a bit flighty and sometimes need a length of time to myself.
- I can't even be arsed to walk the dogs more than once per day so why would i be bothered to look after a baby 24/7 :oooo:
- Hubby is addicted to his PC.

Cosmicgirl, there is a women on YouTube who sounds just like you! She has 4 kids, twin girls and then two boys the youngest of which is about 18 month and now she is ttc hoping for a girl lol

That's crazy :)

I don't think it is you because of your pic, but it's so weird.

That is weird, it's not me, mine are all boys, hence the trying for a little girl xx

Hmmm my reasons would be:

-We spend money like crazy and have no idea what the word 'budget' means lol
-Desperate to go back to Thailand

When I first started trying I really shouldn't have, I was on a waiting list to have surgery so it wasn't a good idea lol but now its money but as we have 1 we wouldn't need to buy loads.

Well im in the middle of my beauty course which isnt ideal, I would give birth after I have finished but doing electrical treatments etc which I cant have if im pregnant!! We were going to wait till after I have finished but decided that we wanted one now and we were just putting it off!!
xxxx

Yep, loads of reasons for us not to have anymore:

1. We're always skint
2. I don't get ANY paid maternity leave from work
3. We're always skint
4. The car is too small for a family of 4 (Peugeot 206) and we can't afford a new one
5. Just moved into a new house and really need to sort out the front and back gardens (decking, fencing etc)
6. We're always skint
7. DH can't afford the mortgage by himself so I need to save to take time off work
8. We wanted to take Lennon to DisneyWorld Florida in 2011/2012
9. We're always skint
10. We've only just stopped paying childcare fees and here we are going to do it all over again.
11. Need I go on?

I just think that a) we own our own house and we've all totally finished the inside, b) we own our own car outright c) we both have stable jobs...so surely there must be people worse off than us that manage it and we'll find someway to get through it and if you wait till thr right time there will never be a right time.

It's the unpaid maternity leave and childcare fees that really worry me the most.

You know what I've always thought that if you think about it too much you'll always figure out that its not the best time to get pg. However I think we all know its got to be worth it.

When I really thought about it I couldn't think of a reason not too. I do have the worst reason for getting pg :) it means I would have a reason to leave work and not have to do that horrible commute anymore :lol:

This is a great thread!!

I agree with the previous poster that said, there's never gonna be a perfect time, and that is sooooo true. There will always be something that comes along that will put you off.

Even though babies cost alot of money, its not as much money as some people make out. Apart from cots/buggy's ect, it doesn't come to all that much, maybe the cost of a holiday for example...

If everyone waited untill they had an extra bedroom, bigger car, more money, then there would be alot less children in this world.

Having a baby is stress stress stress, wether you have everything "planned out" or not, a pot of money in the bank and a fancy house isn't going to make things a whole lot different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back