Folic acid

Coolbeans2010

Reaction score
Hi ladies, quick question! I'm taking tesco own version of pregnacare and have been since we started TTC, I'm 13+2 do I carry on? I know it days stop folic acid after 3 months but it's all the other vitamins contained in the tablet that I want to carry on with - just wondered what you ladies are doing?

Thanks xx

I took just folic acid until 12 weeks - but, seeing as I couldn't stomach fruit or veggies, I decided to carry on with Pregnacare.

Sadly I couldn't stomach any at all :( I think if you want to then you should :) it obviously benefits you and baby x x

I'm taking those. Midwife said I can carry on. Folic acid is the most beneficial for the first 12 weeks but is safe to take afterwards.

The tesco ones are safe to take all the way through and whilst breastfeeding too xx

I'm carrying on taking my pregnancy multivitamin until after the birth.xx

Last edited:
Im still taking it for the multivitamins. Also started taking the Mumomega stuff with Omega oils in it supposed to help with brain development.

i'm still taking pregnacare, just to make sure baby is getting all the vitamins and minerals it needs
so i'd carry on taking em hun xxx

Im still taking it for the multivitamins. Also started taking the Mumomega stuff with Omega oils in it supposed to help with brain development.

might try those mumomega ones i need to get more tommorow. do u take folic acid also? x

might try those mumomega ones i need to get more tommorow. do u take folic acid also? x

The multivitamins are pregnancy ones so they have folic acid in them. As others have said it doesn't do any harm so I'm keeping up with it.

FYI best deal I found on the Mumomega was at Boots who had it on a 3 for 2. They're expensive so I went for the best offer I could find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back