middle names?

melhoney

Reaction score
sorry if my question sounds ridiculous, but are middle names compulsory in UK? I mean, I am french and I have 3 names (1 name and 2 middle names) but always hated them! So, didn't plan to give any middle name!
Do I have to? :roll:

Mel xx

I don't know what it is like in the U.K. but I do know that this your child and you can do whatever you want. If you don't want to have a middle name then you shouldn't I don't believe it is written in a law book somewhere that you must give your child a middle name.

xoxo Ree

My DH is from the UK and he doesn't have a middle name, his father doesn't either.

nah you don't have to have middle names.. were just greedy :) lol

no you dont have to have a middle name iam just cruel lol and giving my baby 2 he will probably hate them but i like them :D

lol yeh u can relax now...here in d UK u dnt have 2 have middle names but most people chose 2...i called my daughter Kiana Jade....bt its not compulasary its ur baby n ur choice
lv Zoey & Kiana x x x x

I don't know why people give there kids so many names! I think if you have a common first and last name then it is OK but otherwise I don't think it gets used! sometimes the initial does when signing things. Try and have a nice middle name then when they get married and say it there won't be sniggers around the room! my poor hubby with Angus as his!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back