Anyone moved GP's during pregnancy?

littlemiss83

Reaction score
:wave:

Hi Ladies

As above, I need to move GP surgeries, due to mistakes with pregnancy (muddle up with hospitals/units ect) and also mistakes with a previous condition. Also, my current surgery is near my old house, I need one closesr.

Is it best for me to move after baby is born or before.

Anyone any experience?

:)

I moved whilst pg. It was fine for me n didn't meet my new doc til after i gave birth x plus doin it this way means ur lo can be registered with ur new doc rather than having to change theirs as well x

Thanks, thats good to know! How long did the process take? And did it effect any of your pregnancy notes or anything, or did you just cross over the doctors name and add in your new one?

Sorry for all the questions!!

Best to do it first so it's one less thing to do once baby is born
I've moved my gp but delayed hospital move til after my 28w scan don't want things to be messed up during the move of notes with hospital x

Thanks Jayceesmumma how u keeping chick?

When you over in Tri 3 im missin u over here!

:(

I moved during pregnancy, and did have to get new notes all filled out and did cause some confusion, but I would do it that way again if had to , as you don't need the hassle after baby born and things like antnatel classes eg local ones organised by/at your docs would be best local to you for after baby born as you keep your freindships etc

Meeeeehhhhh... Still got my dinkie bump :( and having some tightening on my chest with my BH :( and noone else seems to be getting it :(
Besides that I'm all good babe how r u??

Less than a week and I'll be joining you don't worry!! :cheer:
Just gonna b even harder to see even bigger bumps in there lol!!x

I moved during pregnancy, and did have to get new notes all filled out and did cause some confusion, but I would do it that way again if had to , as you don't need the hassle after baby born and things like antnatel classes eg local ones organised by/at your docs would be best local to you for after baby born as you keep your freindships etc

Yeah, I think i'm gonna bite the bullet and go through with it, it will be a hassle and a half after baby is born. I have my next MW appointment in 2 weeks, which is at the health centre I want to change 2, so i'll set the ball in motion while i'm there, and ask at the reception.

Meeeeehhhhh... Still got my dinkie bump :( and having some tightening on my chest with my BH :( and noone else seems to be getting it :(
Besides that I'm all good babe how r u??

Less than a week and I'll be joining you don't worry!! :cheer:
Just gonna b even harder to see even bigger bumps in there lol!!x

Awwww - try not to worry, has the MW gave u any re-assurance? But i know the feeling I was scared out my wits when my 1st was a small bump, turns out she was sitting funny and came out a reasonable size.

My BH sometimes make my chest feel tight, not every time, but sometimes. Is starting in your stomach and working upwards or vise versa?

Cant wait for you to join Tri 3, i'm scared with all the talks of labour ect, plus my bump still looks tiny compared to others in here.

I just went in my new one and asked to join. filled out the forms and that was it. Did have to keep telling midwives/ hospital about it as it appeared on some things and not on others so make sure u check. Other than that I moved house whilst preg,that caused great confusion for hospital/ midwives I had half my old address and half my new address up until in labour !!!! i had told them countless times but they just didnt get it sorted ! xx

I just went in my new one and asked to join. filled out the forms and that was it. Did have to keep telling midwives/ hospital about it as it appeared on some things and not on others so make sure u check. Other than that I moved house whilst preg,that caused great confusion for hospital/ midwives I had half my old address and half my new address up until in labour !!!! i had told them countless times but they just didnt get it sorted ! xx

Well, this was one of the probs with my current doctors, they got my address wrong on the maternity notes, and referred me to the wrong part of the hospital, which held things up by weeks and meant I didn't get my first MW appointment/scan til 14 weeks.

I've actually just remembered that I changed GP's during my first pregnancy loooool - I dont actually remember having any problems though. Seems like a lieftime ago right enough.

I've got my 28w scan and appointment coming up it seems it's common when I googled it so not so worried now :)
I'm worried bout tri3 having a teeny bump lol but it's prob just baby's position like u said :) guess I should be thankful I'm still mobile and able to get to my feet still :lol:
I love the excitement of everyone's labours! Looking forward to tri3 on that part!!
Won't be long now :) it's gone so fast!! :shock: gonna miss tri2 but the labours will keep us occupied!!
I don't feel 26w at all!

I moved GPs a few weeks ago, best thing I ever did!!! My old surgery was near my moms house where I used to live, only a 15 min drive from where I live now but they were rubbish, the receptionists were really rude, as was my midwife and I could never get an appointment to see the doctors! I'm at a much better surgery now with a much better midwife and I can normally get an appointment the same day too. Plus it's only a 2 minute walk down the road, much easier xxx

I've got my 28w scan and appointment coming up it seems it's common when I googled it so not so worried now :)
I'm worried bout tri3 having a teeny bump lol but it's prob just baby's position like u said :) guess I should be thankful I'm still mobile and able to get to my feet still :lol:
I love the excitement of everyone's labours! Looking forward to tri3 on that part!!
Won't be long now :) it's gone so fast!! :shock: gonna miss tri2 but the labours will keep us occupied!!
I don't feel 26w at all!

I looked through all the Tri 3 bump pics the other week, going back years and there's some ppl in there that are still tiny when full term, so try not to worry. U dont need to post bump pics if your not comfortable, it may make you feel worse!

I like the labour threads, coz its so exciting, and your wondering what will happen/how the person will get on. Its more the actual birth stories, hearing about their whole labour all at the one time, that scares me. I just really wonder how i'll cope, I barely coped first time, and me and pain dont go very well. But I was just saying on another thread how exciting it will be coz I dont know baby sex, and i've not had a 4d scan either so have no idea what baby looks like.

I moved GPs a few weeks ago, best thing I ever did!!! My old surgery was near my moms house where I used to live, only a 15 min drive from where I live now but they were rubbish, the receptionists were really rude, as was my midwife and I could never get an appointment to see the doctors! I'm at a much better surgery now with a much better midwife and I can normally get an appointment the same day too. Plus it's only a 2 minute walk down the road, much easier xxx

Its something you dont really think about untill you get ill then you kick yourself for not sorting it out earlier. Mines is 25 mins walk away whereas the one I want to move to is about 4 mins walk. Plus my current one is only open 8-12 then 4-6 every day, which is rediculous.

I've got my bump pics from Ellie in tri3 so will be cool to compare lol.. I don't mind being smaller now really I'm kinda used to it :) I'll complain when I'm huge :roll: lol!!

I love the birth stories.. Some are difficult but it's good to be clued up on things in case we have the same situation as others..if u know what I mean.. I'd never have known what back to back meant at the time if I didn't read birth stories that had that..

I'm worried about my labour but reading others kinda puts me at ease somehow lol!x

I've got my bump pics from Ellie in tri3 so will be cool to compare lol.. I don't mind being smaller now really I'm kinda used to it :) I'll complain when I'm huge :roll: lol!!

I love the birth stories.. Some are difficult but it's good to be clued up on things in case we have the same situation as others..if u know what I mean.. I'd never have known what back to back meant at the time if I didn't read birth stories that had that..

I'm worried about my labour but reading others kinda puts me at ease somehow lol!x

Yeah I defo agree its better to know all the posibilities rather than kidding on to yourself it will go smootly, I like to prepare for the worst and anything better is good but sometimes the birth stories just get me, and i'm like omg i soooo wouldn't be able to cope in that situation!

:shock:

Ah I'm sure you will cope no matter what situation ur in!
A woman is like a tea bag... U never know how strong she is until shes in hot water!
;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back