advice please! anyone

budge

Reaction score
hello

i have a problem.

My eldest two girls are meant to be going to Drayton Manor for the day tomorrow with Brownies. I have paid £40 for the two of them yo go. But thats irrelevant to my problem.

I am worried about the weather warnings for the weekend. And birmingham is meant to be hit really bad with freak rain and flash floods.

what would you lot do in mt place?

do i risk sending them and worry all day long about them or do i disappoint them and not let them go at all.

Im torn and i would hate to not send them and it be fine all day but i would hate more to send them and have them in a terrible accident or siutuation without me......

:wall: :wall: :wall: im going out my mind wondering what the best thing to do is.

Tasha chick i was wondering if you could possibly text/ring in the morning with a weather report as i know you live near drayton manor - how early do you get up? they have to be at the bus at 7.45 am :think:

its a possibility. but i really don't want to coz ill have bethany and baby budge with me.

I would keep Kieran home but i am very overprotective!!!

I think I would let them go......

Im sure the leaders of the Brownies would cancel it if they thought it wasnt safe for them to go... :)

Drayton Manor is more Tamworth than birmingham and on the bbc weather site it says rain.

I dont think it will be as heavy as it was last week but as most of the rides and stuff are outside I think they will get soaked and not be able to fully enjoy themselves.

Have you asked the group leaders on what they think? if its going to be horrible surely they wouldnt take anyone :think:

I hope that helps :hug:

i know i don't live extremely close to drayton manor but the weather today has been pretty good only the odd shower.

i would still send them as i'm sure the brownie leaders must have taken the weather into consideration :think:

Maybe give them a ring to ask what there going to do if it starts to rain heavily or weather turns ???

Sorry i can't help more budge.

im going to phone the leader up tonight and see what she says.
its not the fact that they will be soaked as i think there are indoor things. its the travel in the freak rain that worries me. :(

angiemum2b said:
i know i don't live extremely close to drayton manor but the weather today has been pretty good only the odd shower.

i would still send them as i'm sure the brownie leaders must have taken the weather into consideration :think:

Maybe give them a ring to ask what there going to do if it starts to rain heavily or weather turns ???

Sorry i can't help more budge.

its all helping angiemum - thanks for the replies everyone.

Hi Budge,

We live just around the corner from Drayton Manor but not sure if the water went down that far last time it flooded. Tamworth is doing ok at the moment for water level, and the floods the other day didn't do much damage here.. though the ones a couple of weeks ago had blocked part of a main road off in Fazeley.

I just rang them for you as I was curious myself to see whether it would affect the roads by Drayton Manor and they said that last time they stayed open and everything was fine but they had to close a couple of rides. They say if you're in any doubt to call tomorrow morning about 9.30am (08708 725252 option 7) but that it should be ok.

Hope this helps!
Michelle x

budge said:
im going to phone the leader up tonight and see what she says.
its not the fact that they will be soaked as i think there are indoor things. its the travel in the freak rain that worries me. :(

Yes totaly understand Budge and with that thought alone I wouldnr send Olivia.

As ggg has said whats your intincts?

Deep down something will tell you either way :hug:

The travel around Tamworth in potential floods is generally ok and most of what's disrupted are the roads closest to town centre, though can't speak for the journey up to Tamworth on whatever motorway as don't know where you'd be travelling from..

i would ring her and find out budge otherwise on the morning see what the weathers doing??

my instinct says keep them at home under my wing.
But im not sure if i am being over protective.

i would let them go, they would be gutted if you stopped them just because of weather (thats how kids would see it)

i would worry too but i think you jujst need to let them, some times the kids go for walks with the nursery to the parks etc i feel sick everytime but i dont want them to be any different from the others and not go because of me

my sister has gone drayton mannor today with her school. x

Was it Tuesday it flooded? Or Weds? Can't remember, I lose track of days... but it did nothing to Tamworth. The ones a couple of weeks ago did but in places right by the river, like in town the castle grounds were flooded.

Just gone on the Tamworth Herald site and apparently Fazeley have just built some sort of flood protection barrier, so even if the water was to get to Fazeley again they've fixed it better..

http://www.tamworthherald.co.uk/display ... ebarsearch

Tamworth wise I'm pretty sure it would be fine, and if the worst came to the worst they might call off the trip, or if the coach can't get there they may just come home? You're prob not the only mom worrying about it in the group..

If it was paris I would keep her home - sometmes I worry so much I make myself sick

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back