Anyone else got their bag packed already...31 weeks??!!

DW1978

Reaction score
I had an extremely vivid dream on Friday night that my waters broke at 31 weeks and I was in full on established labour within minutes and I was trying to explain to DH what I needed packing in my hospital bag while trying to cope with painful contractions and panicking!! :shock::shock::shock:

So, I went on a mission yesterday to buy the things from Boots I had been putting off: pads, breast pads, nipple cream, travel sized toiletries etc and I put everything I need apart from the things I can't pack yet i.e. clothes, phone, charger, camera, hair brush etc in a pile last night!!

Just wondering, how many clothes are you taking for baby, and nappies??? I didn't have to take either last time as the hospital provided them both. So far I've packed 4 vests, 4 sleepsuits, 2 hats, 1 pair of mittens and 10 nappies. We are only a 5/10 minute drive from the hospital so DH can just pop home and get stuff if need be. Do you think I'm taking too much/not enough? I had to stay in for 3 nights/4 days last time due to blood loss.

Last edited:
I've packed 3 baby grows and 3 vests plus a going home outfit, as well as about 10 nappies. I'm optimistic that i'll be able to come home within 3 hours!

I packed the baby's bag at about 35/36 weeks but i only finished packing mine on Saturday, my due date. And i only did so cos we were going an hour from home for the evening and i figured if i didn't take it then i was bound to go into labour!

i have started to pack mine, just for something to do really as I was off work sick for a week. but yeh what you have packed sounds about right, not that im an expert coz this is my first baby, but im soo excited i have read lots of different lists. I have been told not to take too much stuff, only the bare essentials which it sounds like you have.

HTH

xxx

Wow, you're brave leaving it so late ;) LOL.

I know I'm being totaly over eager but that dream was so vivid!!

i have started to pack mine, just for something to do really as I was off work sick for a week. but yeh what you have packed sounds about right, not that im an expert coz this is my first baby, but im soo excited i have read lots of different lists. I have been told not to take too much stuff, only the bare essentials which it sounds like you have.

HTH

xxx

Thanks hun.

This is my list...not sure whether to take my hairdryer and straighteners. Can you even use them in hospital? Last time I had long hair so it was easy to tie back, now it's in a bob so I can't tie it back and it looks RUBBISH if I leave it to dry!! LOL.

Labour Comments
Pregnancy notes
Dressing gown
Slippers Packed
Socks
Big t-shirt for birth
Lip balm
Snacks
Isotonic drinks
Books
Magazines
Hairband/clips
Camera
List of numbers to call Lisa, Dad

After birth
Going home outfit - joggers/leggings
Nursing Bras
Pants Need to buy some cheap ones from M&S
Breast Pads Packed
PJs Packed
Lansinoh Packed
Toiletries - shampoo,
conditioner, body wash,
deoderant Packed
Pads Packed
Towels
Hairbrush
Make-up
Mobile phone
Phone Charger
Hairdryer?
Straighteners?

Baby
4 vests Packed
4 sleepsuits Packed
2 hats Packed
1 mittens Packed
muslins Need to buy
nappies Packed
blanket
Wipes Packed
Bibs Need to buy

Last edited:
Wow, you're brave leaving it so late ;) LOL.

I know I'm being totaly over eager but that dream was so vivid!!
I havent' needed it yet :lol: I'm in trouble if anything happens and my OH can't get back from work my bags and all my notes are in the car and he's nabbed it for the day

I'm planning on packing mine as soon as OH gets home from offshore. I'll be about 35 and a half weeks then. It's stressing me out, if I had my way it'd be done now, because I'm convinced for some reason that I'll go early!

I'm hoping not to be in for too long, the birthing centre told me if all is well i'll be out 6-8 hours after the birth, so I'm not going to take too much, probably 4 sleepsuits and 4 vests for LO, 2 hats, scratch mittens etc. And then the normal toiletries, and breast pads, maternity pads and everything. I'm going to buy some cheap pants from asda rather than disposables, so I'll probably take about 8 pairs just in case!

Birthing centre is only 5 minutes from my house so OH could always pop back if I needed anything else. If I go early, or my iron levels don't go up enough then I'll have to go to hospital, and that's not too far but traffic is always awful so can take about 45 minutes. In that case my list will probably triple because I'll be so paranoid of running out of things!

xx

a just packed mine other day very organised a would maybe out in some bibs because of milk spillage x

Baby's bag is all done. Mine i've hardly started (so far mine has toiletries and that's it)

Baby has 5 bodysuits and 5 sleepsuits, 3 bibs, 2 hats, scratch mittens, socks, a going home outfit, pack of nappies (they took up less room than taking them out of pack, cotton wool, muslins and a blanket.

Sitting in the car seat is a box of chocolates and a blank thank you card for the midwives ready for when we leave.

Do you think I should still pack something incase of an emergency as I'm having a home birth or just wing it if the worst happened? I only live 10 mins away from hospital anyway.

Do you think I should still pack something incase of an emergency as I'm having a home birth or just wing it if the worst happened? I only live 10 mins away from hospital anyway.

Thats a hard one. I guess it can't hurt, just in case - if you stay at home it wont matter anyway and if you do (god forbid) get rushed in, at least thats one less thing for you to think/worry about x

I've packed what I can now cuz I'm going back to England for a week on Friday and although I'm not that far gone I'd still rather be safe than sorry just in case! It's my first so I dont really know what to do for baby's clothes! All we packed is 10 nappies, 1 x hat, 1 x scratch mits, 3 x babygros and her going home outfit - will that be enough dya think? Or is it worth me chuckin in some vests too?

For me I've just got dry shampoo spray, shower gel, deoderant, hair bands + grips, hairbrush, baby wipes (for me and LO), pj's, 20 x maternity towels, 4 pairs of pants/shorts. I still need to get a nursing bra, breast pads, nipple cream, disposeable undies. How many 'normal' clothes are you taking? Do you just need one outfit to go home in or more? I'm soo confused argh!! xx

I have bought bits and pieces (like travel size shampoo etc) but havent put them together yet in a bag.
I tried the other week but I just dunno what is too much/too little so I gave up.

Plus I keep thinking I've still got months to go, reality hasn't kicked in yet and I've only got 5 weeks left..... Hmmmmm

xxx

I've packed what I can now cuz I'm going back to England for a week on Friday and although I'm not that far gone I'd still rather be safe than sorry just in case! It's my first so I dont really know what to do for baby's clothes! All we packed is 10 nappies, 1 x hat, 1 x scratch mits, 3 x babygros and her going home outfit - will that be enough dya think? Or is it worth me chuckin in some vests too?

For me I've just got dry shampoo spray, shower gel, deoderant, hair bands + grips, hairbrush, baby wipes (for me and LO), pj's, 20 x maternity towels, 4 pairs of pants/shorts. I still need to get a nursing bra, breast pads, nipple cream, disposeable undies. How many 'normal' clothes are you taking? Do you just need one outfit to go home in or more? I'm soo confused argh!! xx

Personally, I would put baby vests in too hun. Last time, I lived in PJ's in hospital and just took one 'outfit' (joggers!! LOL) for going home in.

Lol see I live in my trackies/joggers at home so I dont wanna pack any yet cuz I wont have anything to wear at home lol:S I might just buy a couple of pairs and put them in the bag with like 4 or 5 t-shirts or something. I'll put some more of LO's vests in the bag too, hehe I keep looking at all her clothes n I cant believe shes gonna be small enough for em, they look tiny and soooo cute :D What kind of going home outfit have you got planned for your LO's? xx

Sitting in the car seat is a box of chocolates and a blank thank you card for the midwives ready for when we leave.

ooh excellent idea, another thing i am planning to do is buy a small present and card from baby to OH for him to open on the day. no idea what yet but just something special to remember the day by (like we would forget, but hey!)

LOL Lauren, I'm the same. I was thinking about putting in eith leggings or joggers for going home but I'm still wearing all of mine so can't put them in yet!!

I've not chosen a 'going home' outfit for baby. We don't know what sex we're having and I still have all the neutral clothes from our first child so I'm literally taking all plain white sleepsuits, vests, cardis, hats and mittens!! I'm sure someone will buy us something cute pink to take a girl home in if we have a girl and I'll probably take one blue outfit for going home in just in case its a boy!!

Have been told to expect to leave the hospital at about the same size I was at 5 months. Got my most comfy black leggings (which aren't comfy with a big bump) and a big jumper/dress thing to wear home.

Baby has an outfit ready to come home in, got a little pooh bear trousers, top and jumper, although not sure if I like it now. May have to find or make something new.

I've bought this gorgeous little Minnie Mouse baby gro and matching bob from Asda but when I was going through her stuff on Tuesday it seemed awfully huge, so it looks like I'll be off looking for another outfit to bring her home in xxx

I Plan on packing mine next week. Being in Germany it is alot different so I am slightly jealous at your hospital bags :lol:

Over here they provide baby clothes, nappies, milk, pads & things! All I need to pack (the list my English MW has given) is things for baby to come home in, pyjamas, birthing clothes, music, notes etc.

But I plan on packing it English style as I am bottle feeding I want to take some cartons for my stay in hospital so I don't have to change Baby G's milk when we get home.

But I shall pack mini toiletries, pads, clothes, makeup, straighteners, hairdryer & then the usual baby clothes. I don't want my Baby dressed in German clothes :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back