2 pairs mittens
2 pairs socks
1 pair tights
2 blankets
1 towel + flannel
2 hats
5 bibs

thats it >>> have i left out anything or gone ott? :think:

for myself so far: (still aint finished)

dressing gown
3 open fron nighties
slippers
maternity pads (20)

i still need to get:

socks
panties
breast pads
flannel + towel

+ my toileteries etc

have i left anything out? :think:

a bottle of champagne and a huge box of chocs?????
what about glucose tablets? theyre supposed to be handy to munch in labour
at least youve packed one i never as i was having a home birth but transfered in due to meconium i never had a nightie toiletries anything it was awful and OH packed it and put in clothes that stopped fitting like a year before...bless!

im not sure if im allowed to have alchy

if i am.. id love to have a bottle of 'stones ginger wine'! :lol:

but if im breastfeeding...can i have a glass?

yes you can have a glass they have found that having a drink days post delivery actually helps to bring milk in quicker bizarre! a obstetrician was on about it on discovery health the other day

Your list looks great eb... I repacked my bag the other night and had to transfer everything into a small suitcase as I had got 3 bags on total!!!

I am also packing some CD's and a CD player... as well as some snacks ( trackers bars and ribena cartons)

yeah.. i got a small suitcase..

i paced baby stuff in her changing bag (clothes blankets etc)
nappies in the top compartment

and my stuff in the other 1/2 of da suitcase..

will have a 'hand luggage' lol as well

jus a big handbag for toileteries ... etc !

:dance:

why you taking towels and blankets in hun? the hospital will provide you with them :)

id say something for labour, glucose tablets, fig rolls, dried fruit, a drink, a few bars of choccy for incase you have to wait for some food after having little one

straws are supposed to be really useful if you have a caesarian and need a drink, saves having to sit up to drink :D

I'd say maybe pillows? If you're like me anyway. I prefer to use my own that ones that hundreds of people could have dribbled over, washed or not. :D

Never known a hospital to provide towels though myself.

your list looks good eb, I've also never known hozzie's to provide towels well they didn't with me in june ?

but some hozzie's are different I suppose. :think:

Don't forget camera & video recorder!!! :)

only thing i would highly reccomend is 1 black bin bag, i ended up going out of hospital with all my dirty clothes in a clear hospital bag :oops:
with babys first poops are black like tar sorry tmi and every nappy on the first night colby managed to get some on every vest, OH had to bring some more in next day for me going home :lol:

good luck hun hope it all goes well for you
xxxxxxxx

I just want to second what Weestar said about the poos and getting it all over the clothes!!! DH had to go and buy some more newborn vests and babygrows as Charlie had really bad mucus and was sick this horrible deep red and black stuff every hour!! Sounds horrible, but it wasn't that bad, it's just that he didn't have time to wash and dry them at home, so just went and bought more!! :D

Hi Hun

Are you taking any muslins?

I recommend for labour 'rescue remedy' and for afterwards 'arnica tablets' (they promote healing).

Also Kerry once recommended blu-tack in case you want to have a deep bath there and need to bung up the overflow!

I also recommend something nice and soothing for your throat afterwards as all that 'grunting' :oops: gave me a really sore throat!!

Dark nightwear and dressing gown for you is preferable to something light-coloured for obvious reasons. Have you got your maternity bras sorted?

I can't think of anything else your list looks pretty good!

My hospital didn't provide towels I had to bring my own, however my hospital also provided a list of things we had to take.

LBxx

my hospital did have towels if u asked for them but i think its better to use your own :wink:

My hospital don't provide towels..... but even if they did they probably wouldn't fit me! I hate little towels so I have got bath sheets at home!!! I am taking 1 in black with me!!!

Also they told me to take a blanket in as they often "don't have enough" :shock: Also we have been told to get baby's scent on a small towel or similar to take home and introduce to our dog before we bring LO home.. so he can get used to the scent..... don't know if anyone else has heard of this.

yeah ive heard of that as dogs can get a little jealous, im sure your dog will be fine though as long as you spoil him/her a little when baby comes home
xxx

i meant towels for baby, our hospital provides towels for baby, not for mum though

think we all just picked that up wrong hun :oops:
Colby was only wrapped in towels they didnt have any blankets only sheets for the cot (fish tank :lol: ) so OH brought me a nice pink one in just to put over her towels :lol:

weestar21 said:
think we all just picked that up wrong hun :oops:
Colby was only wrapped in towels they didnt have any blankets only sheets for the cot (fish tank :lol: ) so OH brought me a nice pink one in just to put over her towels :lol:

yep

Sounds like your pretty much all sorted hun!

Yeah, prob a good idea to pack some glucose sweets and energy drinks, as my midwife recommended them the other day, also if OH is going with you to pack some snacks for him if you go into labour at night as obviously it'll be very limited if he's hungry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back