Anyone else found this?

Lindsay

Reaction score
Last night we all went out for as family meal. I got ready and too be honest I felt ok about myself. I had on a pair of maternity skinny jeans, and a pretty maternity top with a little cardigan.

When I went round to my mum and dad's my sister had on a really nice dress (and looked really thin and attractive) and my brother's girlfriend had on a nice skirt and top. I instantly felt unattractive :(

Xxx

yeah some days/ occasions i feel exactly like that.

I cope by not looking down!

Sandi

Yes i feel like that you spend ages getting ready you look in the mirror and think cool i don't look to bad and feel really good and then you look at everyone else and they look slimmer and more attractive,

although when i'm pregnant i get bigger boobs so i wear something that shows it off (not too tarty) and everyone else gets jealous so then i feel better again :rotfl:

Aww Lindsay, I can sympathise with you too. :hug: I went out for a meal early March and I felt frumpy. :(

Our bodies change SO much during pregnancy, but it's all worth it in the end! x

I feel a bit like that at the moment because I'm in the inbetween stage of not having a bump but my tummy is definitely rounder.

I'm sure you looked fab though, there are such lovely maternity clothes out there now.

Thanks girls :hug: I did feel nice until I saw everyone else and when I went to the toilet I had a quick peek in the mirror and I thought that I looked nice for a PG lady it was more to do with the other skinny minins who were all dressed up looking glam :rotfl:

Bagpuss, you are right there is so much more out there now - more so than when we were PG last time!

I am going to a family wedding next month and I have got a gorgeous chocolate dress from Next to wear - hope it still fits and that I look ok then, I can feel that there will be another post before the big day :wink:

Xxx

I can sympathise with you for sure :hug: It's like a contradiction - I love my pregnant shape but when I look at photos of myself with a flat stomach and at all the new summer clothes in the shops I get a bit nostalgic! But hey, I'm sure we'll all be yummy mummies and get our figures back v quickly xx

I feel exactly the same but i guess you have the excuse of being pregnant and no matter what they haven't got what you have.....

I do look at skinny minnies now and feel a pang of jelousy, but then on the other hand i love my bump to pieces and love going out and showing it off.

I doubt u look unattractive hon :hug:

I think hormones have a large part to play I know what you mean though.

I bet you looked lush :hug:

I haven't yet properly shown off my bump yet. I keep wearing OH's hooded tops. Also I have put on extra weight - I wish I'd only put on bump weight. I hate having a bigger arse. I really hope it shrinks back through breastfeeding afterwards :D

Yep, I feel the same too!

We went for a meal last night with OHs friends. It's the first time they've seen me since before xmas. I was paranoid that his friends would comment that I was fat and fretted for a couple of days, especially as one was bringing his girlfriend who sure enough wore a skimpy little dress, clevage and all!

Thankfully they were all very nice and v interested in the baby, which I think pleased OH too as he gave my bump a kiss when we got home :D (first time he's done this!) xx

This is one of my problems too I worry about what people think especially about me having put on weight round the bum and legs area. Don't get me wrong I am loving being PG and really love my bump - alot more than I did last time round, I guess I need to take a chill pill :wink:

Xxx

HideiLu said:
Thankfully they were all very nice and v interested in the baby, which I think pleased OH too as he gave my bump a kiss when we got home :D (first time he's done this!) xx
Aww the fatherly pride is kicking in!

yep thats how i felt at my friends 21st birthday meal!

there were 12 of us. and i thought i looked alright, with my white linen trousers on an a maternity top, got out and i felt like an idiot. i had a picture taken, i looked at it and hated it. so i deleted it! :shhh:

I know how you feel hun, i just feel like an even fatter blob!

It doesnt help that i seem to be between on the leg sizes, a regular leg is ok but i feel like they dont cover my bum and am paranoid that i will be showing my crack! and a long, i need to wear about a two inch heel which isnt possible!

yeah me and OH went out for a meal on saturday and i put a black smart top on looked in the mirror and throught i looked lovely, got in the pub and immediately felt unattractive!!!!

These hormones are doing my head in!!! :wall:

I feel attractive when i'm at home getting dressed, feel ok when i go out with my friend, get in to work and feel like a right fat mess!!!

I wore a realyl pretty floaty dress on sunday and couldnt find a jumper to fit my bump with it, the only thing that fitted ruined the whole thing and i looked like a potato on legs!!!! I hate it, i dont want to go out buying more jumpers but i cant carry on trying to wear jumpers that ride up over my bump!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back