Maternity clothes!

gemmap27

Reaction score
Well I decided I needed some maternity trousers this weekend - as I cant do the top buttons up on any of my jeans or trousers for work!

I went to mothercare and bought a pair of black trousers for £35 then went to new look and their maternity range is great! I got 3 tops (in the sale) and a pair of jeans for £32. I also bought a couple of things from H&M - their range is very good -but the sizes are weird!

The trousers from mothercare a little big because I still dont have a proper bump but I am sure I will fill them pretty soon!

I loved new look maternity clothes when i was pregnant... they are quite cheap but good quality(sp) :)

i love newlook mat clotes (well the tops the trousers are too long)
my local newlook has shrunk there range for xmas though :(
i also wear next and littleowoodss stuff
well done you for bargin hunting though :)
manda xx

I love the next mat jeans, my Mum brought a bundle of mat clothes from ebay and therre were 2 pairs of under bump next jeans and they fit like a dream! Newlook stuff- god I just typed stiff LOL wonder whats on my mind today :oops: is also lovely but I have same prob as manda and the trousers are too long :roll:

x

I'm struggling with Next underbump jeans. They just fall right off me in a size 8 petite and they don't do size 6 :(

I swear by BUMP BANDS!

Why did no one tell me about these things with my last 2 pregnancies?? :x

I must say Next are my fave as im short leg and they come in petitie. I only like over bump tho. But i still just look fat and flabby!

yeh ive got a a pair of next jeans but they do fall down lol but was cheap from an factory outlet place , and ive also got new look jeans , there were in t he sale lol im lucky that i was a big girl anyway so some of my tops are fine , and am short on anything if i want to go out tho , and had to freeze the other night as my lil black going out jacket wouldnt do up ! depending if i suddenly grow i may look at a bundle from ebay or something

I've got a couple pairs of the mothercare early term jeans and they're really comfy. They were good for me because they were available in petite length. I'm only 5ft and have problems with trousers being too long too.

I bought Next maternity jeans and they are huge - really long and big. I bought Argos Addition jeans and they are long and also sized on the biger size as my usual size is falling off of me. I'm having to wear them though as I have nothing else to wear now and my usual jeans are simply no good any more. They will do up but I end up feeling ill from the restriction around my waist.

I'm sure I'll grow into the Additions ones soon! LOL.

I've got all of mine from Dorothy Perkins, they are perfect fit and they also do a petit range, good prices too.

I found the same thing in Mothercare...my usual size was too big.
I'm usually a 14 of late so took a 14 and 16 in the changing room (just in case, not been watching what I've been eating so much recently so thought maybe the 14 would be too small)
Was amazed to find they were too big and I needed a size 12, been a couple years since thats happened :lol:

debecca said:
I'm struggling with Next underbump jeans. They just fall right off me in a size 8 petite and they don't do size 6 :(

mine are tiny hun. I do have one next pair that are massive for an 8 but the two tiny pairs have a heart on the pockets

xx

I got next maternity jeans last time I was pg and they were just huge and I couldn't wear them.

This time I have got some bits from mamas & papas, new look and have ordered some things from vertbaudet, which I am really pleased with. Vertbaudet are not too pricey, and the clothes are really lovely and a nice fit.

Urchin - I agree with you about the belly bands, it has meant I have been able to keep wearing a lot of my normal clothes and trousers.

kellysomer said:
New look dont do maternity round here, weird? :think:
I found that too hun. There is a huge Newlook near me and they dont do maternity but the smaller one does

:D

I hate maternity shopping - I'm faddy at the best of times and the smaller 'only' mainstream fashion hacks me off!! I'm normally a White Stuff, Fat Face chick (even if I do get most second hand from ebay!). Maternity shopping just makes me want to sulk because I won't pay full price for gear I don't like.

I've bought a belly band and I love it but it rises up so I have to keep pulling it back down to work. My skirts still fit ok (the bigger ones) and I have one pair of trousers I bought a size too big that are doing well.

I have a feeling I'll be winging it for as long as possible - maybe I'll make the Jan sales!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back