Anyone else finished making babies?

Holi

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Had dd2 (we have 2 girls) 6 weeks ago and she is still so squishy and still very much a newborn I'm not broody in the slightest! But I'm very aware this is our last baby (financially and probably mentally all we can manage!) and it makes me a little sad!! I'm stalking all the BFP threads and makes me sad I'll never experience TTC or getting a BFP again!

Is this normal or would you say this is a clear sign I'll be wanting more in the future?! How do you feel about no more kiddies? X

Maybe dont rule anything out for the future? My husband and I are TTC our first and we know it will be our only (unless its twins!) because of my age and financial situation. I have always thought I would have just the one

I knew I wasn't done, I always wanted a big family and knew I wanted more than 2 children, I'm finally having my 3rd and I know I'm not "done", if I have the chance to have another at some point I know I will lol. Of course I know this one might end up being my last, but not through choice if you get what I mean.

Me !!
Hubbys had the snip and we give our results in next week to get the all clear.
Financially and mentally we couldn't have any more. I have one of each and can't get anything different. We are so happy as a family of 4.
We only planned for one child and made the decision last May - 2 weeks later I tested positive so we believe it was meant to be

Xx

Hi Holi

We always said 2 and can't really afford more but I HATE the thought that I won't have anymore babies, I won't be preg again, have a squishy newborn etc.

If I was younger I'd like another in 4 years or so but I'll be 39 by then :-/

We have agreed to 'never say never'

xxx

We always said 3, and when number 2 came along I was adamant no more! We had one of each, and our family dynamics were good. We worked. In May last year I was still certain there was to be no more! DS was just turning 3, life was getting easier again and we were having a lot of fun then BOOM! Completely out of the blue I was broody and NEEDED another baby! So here I am with a 6 year old, an almost 4 year old, and just 4 weeks and 4 days away from meeting number 3!This definitely is our last though. My house, car and heart are full, and my purse is almost empty! We can still have a great life with 3, and another 1 would be too much for us, so I am having a tubal tie during the section of our last baby.

Yep, no more for us :-(
I feel really sad to think that I will never be pregnant again, and every time I tidy away clothes that are grown out of it tugs at my heart strings! We have a gorgeous little family though & our 2 girls are amazing, we are blessed :)

I'm done, sob sob. Only ever wanted 2. I found my first born hard work, only had one more so he didn't grow up lonely as I loved my sister. BUT I have enjoyed my second baby so so much that it has made me broody for another. My husband is done, and i'm done really. I can't face another pregnancy and we can't afford another really. I have my son and daughter and i'm grateful for that. Just need to focus on our life as us 4 and try not to dwell on my broodiness too much!

I'm definitely done!!

I remember feeling similar to how you describe after having my second. There's two years between my two and I felt like being pregnant, and the baby stage went very quickly.

But I have always been certain on not wanting anymore. My last pregnancy was tough, especially the last week and I wouldn't want to go through it all again. Age and money are also an issue. Sometimes I feel sad about not having a daughter as I have two boys, but at the same time I'm glad to have two happy, healthy, intelligent and beautiful boys

Ive still not given birth too baby no2 yet, nor am i with their dad anymore or looking for a realtionship anytime soon!

But I already know ive not finished.

Id defo want a 3rd in the future. Im 26 end of May, I don't feel like ive finished making babies just yet x

Holi as you know I only have one and was always a firm no on having another but lately I've started feeling broody. I think it's because M is almost 3 and coming out the baby stage. I'm finding that hard and keep thinking about having another. In practical terms we have no room in our house, I'm 36 and we took almost 3 years to fall pregnant last time so I wouldn't want to go through all that. Plus my lo is a full on energetic toddler who loves to run and has no fear or sense of danger, I sometimes try to picture myself with a baby and my lo at the park or at the shops and I don't think I could cope!! But still, I'm looking at baby girl clothes in particular in shops and have a definite yearning. I doubt anything will come if it but I know what you mean about feeling sad. It's those damn hormones I'm sure! xxx

Ps - I think thats why I hang about this forum!

Last edited:
I did want 4. After Jackson it went to 3. I'm pregnant again but I just don't see myself settling with two. Ill see how I get on with 2 obviously but even if I waited until the second is in school. I do dream of 3.

xxxx

We have now made the decision to stop with 1 as strangely after all my years with no cycles and having to have IUI my body has kicked back in. Prompting a decision to be made and hubby and I had to speak about it and are using condoms. As KayKay says I am looking at some girlie stuff every now and then and thinking ooh and maybe seeming a little broody. Then I see someone with a child the age of R in the supermarket and think wow they are amazing because I just couldnt cope with 2. I find him enough to deal with! Also at work people are bringing in newborns and to be honest they are cute and squishy but then I remember the worry and other bits! Fir me going from one to two would have a massive difference financially to us as we would need full time care for 2 as I dont think its fair for the grandparents to have 2 and money would be a big isssue all round. However I was at a physcic the other night who said that I was subconciously waiting on my sister (2 failed IVF and years of trying) to get pregnant first and then I may want one. She may be right!! Mind you Im 36!

We are ttc number two and once he/she arrives then that will definitely be it for us.

Hubby originally said no to any more but then changed his mind but he's already said he's getting the snip once we've had number two!

XX

I always wanted 3 but now struggling to conceive number 2 so if we're lucky enough that it happens for us, we'll never put ourselves through this again. I'd love a third but would never make the decision to actively try again! xx

It's weird it's not that I think I want another 'new' baby - I just want my two girls this age forever! But then I also can't wait Til their older and we can enjoy lovely family holidays/Disney land trips, fun Christmases etc. basically I don't know what the hell I want and I'm a hormonal mess!

I'm just really hoping this sad feeling goes away! X

Haha Holi i know exactly what u mean!

I love the toddler age but also look forward to a bit older so noah can enjoy and remember more day trips to places.
But also love newborn stage and never want that to end either.

We r just greedy hormonal mothers that want it alllll haha xx

Jackson asked me my wish today and I says for him to stop growing and he says that's impossible. Its sad but he's right.

I switch between being so proud of how big and smart he is then cry he's not tiny and am excited for future. We are never happy.

xxxx

How I wish my daughter could stay this age forever. Just enjoying her so so so much. My son is being a cheeky 3 year old. I love him to bits and pieces but I hear 4 is an easier age as you can reason with them a bit better! Here's hoping. Then he can stop growing.

As god rooster Noahs only turninf 3 in July!
2 was bad enough for his meltdown tantrums hahaha! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back