• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else felt overtired

sarl1967

Reaction score
Hi All

Feel like such a moaning minny with my OH- he looks at me and asks how iam n if i fib he can tell so say - should be grateful everything ok but i feel fit to drop the past few days dont know how im getting threw my work days - feel like ill be asleep on the desk any minute - Has anyone else experienced such severe tiredness :)

Last edited:
I remember that feeling it is horrid and it does pass, honestly. Unfortunately it does come back through the pregnancy and I am suffering again the last few day. On the other side of things i haven't been to the gym since last week and i find this gives me a lift.

On the plus side for me, we have our own business, so even though the hours are sometimes longer, when I really, really feel that enough is an enough, i can have a lazy afternoon. This doesn't happen often, but do remember having a few afternoons like this throught the first Tri.

hi, i was having really bad cramps in my 2-4 weeks and i was unable to sleep at all. The pain was really bad and was taken to a&e several times. The Doctors just told me in the end to take a couple of days off, take it easy, watch some films and catch up on my sleep. the worst thing to do is to push yourself to hard because you'll stress yourself out and its not good for the baby. Speak to your boss and ask for a Friday and a Monday off and have a long weekend! Best thing i did and now im feeling much better

xxx

Hope you get some energy back soon!

Everyday hun, I struggle to get out of bed, have times during the day where I could fall asleep at my desk and then have to go to bed by about 9-10pm.

Yep some days i'm exhausted and can hardly clench my fist due to lack of energy. It's the worst tiredness i have ever felt in my life but i guess the little ones are draining us of all our energy.

I spend all day long yawning and in bed by 8 most nights and can sleep for a good 12 hours given the chance!

Hey guys, Im going to crash from 2nd tri because tri 1 was the worst time ever for me and I absolutely promise it does pass. I often wondered how I was going to cope with being so tired all the time, and it dissappeared. The only thing I havent managed to get rid of is the sickness. But no more tiredness! I have heard it comes back tho, but I'm quite grateful I feel human again now! X

ahh im tired all day, and then i hardly sleep at night because the pains can get unbearable. I seem to find im sleeping better once the sun starts coming up! :mad: annoying but will be glad once it passes!

xxx

Oh my goodness, I know exactly what you are talking about. I had this exact all-emcompassing tiredness until about 15 weeks. I couldn't stay awake any later than about 7pm, couldn't be bothered to tidy up, cook or clean anything. I can remember thinking that I would never get back to notmal. Then at 15 weeks (ish) I had a week off work and when I went back I felt amazing!! I was in work early, staying awake late (ish) again at night and just feeling generally better. I am now in my second week of maternity leave (technically it doesn't start until 1st September but I am a teacher and so on summer holidays) and I am feeling good still. I am having a nap each afternoon but why the hell shouldn't I - I am growing a person after all!! My advice is just take every day slowly, be honest with your OH if you are tired and just fall asleep as early as you need to. Your body is going through the biggest chages ever and will need every ouncce of your energy. You'll come through it soon enough! Good luck with the rest of pregnancy xx

I feel for you i am tired all the time, have to be in bed really early and usually asleep on the sofa after dinner!! late shifts in work are a nightmare as finish at 2030 and am usually asleepby then!!!xx

I was soo tired in first tri, 2nd tri its been better but now am getting tired again after a busy week x

This was my biggest symptom this time round- was falling asleep everywhere , it has eased a little in tri 2, but I have to make myself go to bed early, even if I don't want to

Hang in there, you will get some energy soon

Yeah totally, i feel like that today and i had 9 hours sleep. Im sat at the laptop now and a few times today i could have dropped off

Thanks guys glad im not going nutty - just keep thinking it will ease up eventually - but along with sickness nicely popping back up today - im feeling shocking - arghh well it will all be worth it X

being overtired is my life story.....when does it stop??

I have to go back to bed on the weekends. I wake up at 6 then go back to bed about 10 for a couple of hours which helps but boy is it a pain. If I make it up past 8.30 its amazing and now I've had a holiday from work I reckon the house must be making me tired :)

I can really sympathise with you, sometimes it's an effort even to open my eyelids! Hope it improves for you soon

Last edited:
the question i have is, does this last thru out the whole pregnancy?? my sleepin pattern is messed up big time

breakfast is at 1pm, lunch is at 6pm......i then fall asleep from 6 til 10.....dinner at 11 and then i fall asleep again at 5am.....
i cant seem to shift it round to normal hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back