anyone else feeling the pain of weight gain?

samanthajayne

Reaction score
please tell me this is normal and its not just me please please please oh pleaseeeeee :pray: :pray:

before i got pregnant i think i weighed in between 12 and 12 and a half stone. now i haven't eaten for 2 or anything through my pregnancy and i never exercised a lot before i got pregnant so my lifestyle hasn't changed and my weight didn't fluctuate before pregnancy i've been the same weight for a few years now. i'm almost certain the weight i have put on is all baby weight as i haven't seen any dramatic changes anywhere else on my body everything looks the same except the bump obvioulsy.

i now weigh almost 15 stone which has amazed me. i didn't expect to put on quite that much but its hell on my body now i feel like i am in hell 24 hours a day everyday. first it started with puffy feet then tingling in my hands. now its full blown swollen feet, ankles and knees that are so sore as well making walking almost impossible. and my hands are now constantly numb and tingly and are agony to move. i have to keep moving around in the night as if i stay in one position too long i get a stiff knee or arm and i find myself having to pick my arm up with my other arm to move it into a better position. i constantly wake up moaning and groaning to myself cos everything hurts. i can hardly walk i can't bend down i have to go down the stairs one step at a time now as the pain in my joints are so bad.

i feel like my whole body is giving up like it just can't cope anymore. i've done so well to just try and keep going with it but days like today and yesterday i have had to stay in all day as i just can't walk. i had a big arguement with my mum last night as things in my room still need organising and arranging and i just can't move anything or bend down to pick things up so i ended up literally screaming at her as she couldn't understand whats wrong with me and she wouldn't help me. i threw a right tantrum i'm surprised i didn't have the baby there and then but i'm just so angry being in pain all the time and feeling like nobody understands and i'm sure my mum and bf and others feel like i'm just using pregnancy as an excuse to do nothing and complain.

sorry i know i've ranted i just hate the constant pain so much and my midwife just says its all normal and i keep forgetting to ask if there is anything i can take thats safe to ease to the pain or any creams that are safe to rub into my knees and ankles. i can't beleive i may have to go another few weeks feeling like this :cry:

please tell me i'm not the only one suffering so bad :pray:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I have put on a similar amount of weight to you and have swollen ankles. My bump just feels too heavy now and it really really hurts my ribs to pick things up off the floor. I have also been more clumsy which means I drop things and have to pick them up more often grrrr. Every so often I have a tantrum when this happen cos it brings tears to my eyes every time I bend down. I'm really hoping that this is just due to the lie of my LO and if she moves a bit I'll get comfy again.

I do hope that things get easier for you and that your family are more understanding. I don't think that the hormones help us either. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I went from about 10.5 to about 14 stone and that was at 31 weeks! I haven't weighed myself since then... I'm scared too! I'm not particularly swollen and can still wear my rings. I get slight marks from my socks and watch, but nothing drastic. The weight is painful for me, too! I had to order a glider chair in the hopes that it would help because I can't sit on my sofa and laying down for too long hurts because everything goes numb and then I end up feeling like I have a DVT in my leg. Besides, I feel so isolated in bed! I have SPD and have a belt, but my weight is still pretty bad for it. I don't get this either because my bump doesn't really look that big. People usually guess I am due more toward the end of September. Oh well. Apart from that I DO enjoy pregnancy! I love feeling the baby move and keep trying to remind myself that this pain and the fact I have to make my husband pick things up for me, put on my socks and wash my feet is all for such a good cause!

I haven't weighed myself because I don't want to know! I certainly feel the extra weight though, walking has become much slower "stately" I call it! And I do get uncomfortable at night laying in one position, it's more difficult to turn over, I feel like I have to get up some momentum to shift bump around! Just like Bubalu I've gotten really clumsy too (well, clumsier, anyway) and bending down to pick stuff up is like an acrobatics trick!

Hope you feel better soon.. it will be worth it in the end! :hug:

I coming up on 3 stone extra now :( And yes walking and stuff is difficult. It aches to lay down now too! I'm hoping I don't put on anymore before the birth but have 10 weeks to go and so think I will be mahoosive by the end :D

thankyou for your replies :hug: it is good to know it happens to a lot of us and i know we have to just plod on and get on with it as there is nothing else we can do about it. i do love being pregnant though too. love parading around with my bump even though i can't walk properly and i love to just sit down and feel him move around inside me. i'll miss all of that when i have him but then i can't wait to meet him so your right it will all be worth it in the end but grrrrr some days are so difficult i just want to curl up in a ball and go to sleep till its all over when i should be enjoying these last few weeks of being pregnant.

I've only put on 2 stone but omg i can feel it!! I get tired legs walking up the stairs and im tired so easily! I cant wait to get her out now!

I wasnt particularly active before i got pregnant but now i'm finding doing anything can be tiring

Ugh, i hate the weight i've gained. more than a tummy. how do you girlies who stay skinny do it? i dont think im much bigger everywhere, but a bit you know!
The nurse weighed me the other day and i was 150!!!!! goodness, thats like 35 lbs in just a few months! i really could cry sometimes. cant wait for baby to exit me and i can return to being a human again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back