Lack of weight gain (sorry)

nickilubs

Reaction score
Okay I know loads of you would love to be able to complain about this but it is making me worry now.

I was sick at the start so lost about a stone.......so I was down to about 9stone when I had my 8week appointment I was 9 stone 1. Now at 31+ I'm 9stone 7.

I am eating enough and although I struggle to eat really healthy I do try and get as much salads and stuff as I can. I always have breakfast, dinner and tea and will take food with me incase I get hungry. As far as I know my iron levels and blood sugar is all fine. I had them taken a few weeks ago and was told they would contact me if anything was wrong. I haven't gained anything in the last few weeks and this is the time where I feel I have been getting bigger around my tummy.

Im just starting to worry now because I know that even if your over weight you should gain at least 15 pounds so that would mean that I should put on at least 8 pounds in the next 8 weeks....a pound a week is meant to be average anyway but like I said in the last few weeks I haven't put on anything so I don't know if I will now unless I change something but what can I do?!? Its not me I want to put on the weight I want Pip to be healthy and I'm worried if I'm only just on my normal weight then what weight is she at?

Ekkkk Im sorry I have rambled! Basically do you think she will be okay even though theres been hardly any weight gain have I put on enough to keep her safe in there with the placenta weight and the water and other stuff?

Aww Nicki, I'm sure Pip is doing really well in there regardless of how much weight you haven't put on. It seems to me that every woman is different, I reckon I must have put on enough weight for five pregnant women now :oops:

I reckon what has happened is that you probably lost more weight after your booking in appointment with morning sickness and so actually dropped below 9 stone. Therefore what with you being about 9 and a half stone it is possible you could have put on a stone in weight whilst being pregnant.

Have they started measuring your bump yet at your appointments? Are you measuring small? I think the best thing to do would be to mention your concerns to your midwife. Although I'm sure they would have said something earlier if they were worried!

I'm sure everything is fine, i bet you just have awesome stomach muscles and a quick metabolism :hug: :hug:

Oh babe! :hug: You'll be fine!! All the goodness from what you consume will go straight to baby and you'll get whatever's left over, that's why we usually get the huge appetite so we get enough of what we need for ourselves.

You're naturally petite anyway so you obviously have really good metabalism(sp?!).

When's your next MW appointment? Maybe mention that you are concerned, I'm sure she'll reassure you that your little Princess is absolutely fine, and you're fine too :hug:

Oh and once you've been reassuredand feel ok about it, thank your lucky stars that you haven't gained as much as I have lol!! :lol:

xx

I'm really pleased I've not put too much on, I've not quite made a stone yet (I weighed myself Friday morning, I think) but my bump is measuring perfectly well.

I think I had a decent enough reserve initially though :oops:

I think pip will take what she needs and when your body wants more it'll let you know.

I wouldn't worry, we're all different.

Hi hun

Please don't worry yourself with 'averages'....just think of how they are calculated....by adding together all amounts, lowest and highest and dividing it up to create and 'average' so that means that they use figures of people gaining 4-5 stone and others who don't put on an ounce.

Like Dannii says, your body will make sure she has enough in there, and if there was any cause for concern, I'm sure your MW will mention it by now.

My brothers OH is very petite like you and with all 3 of there's she was back to her normal weight within a few days!! (Cow! :shakehead: :lol: ) :hug: xx

i didn't put on any weight (and i lost a half stone at the start) until my last apt and even now at 33 weeks ive only put on 5/6 pounds. i wouldnt worry unless your m/w or dr voiced some concern :D

I felt I had to answer this thread even though I've not yet posted an introduction so you'll have no idea who I am!

Basically I've had exactly the same worries as you and I found out last week that everything is fine so I'm sure it will be for you too. I'm not in any way athletic or petite and I've still struggled to put any weight on, despite eating regularly. At 7+3 weeks I was 68.2 kg (sorry for the foreign measurements, I'm in Finland), by 14+2 I was down to 66.4 with the sickness and the most I've been up to was 69.9 at 30+2. Today I had another appointment (32+2 weeks) and I'm down slightly again to 69.8 kg! :wall:

I was very worried about it but I was sent for a growth scan last week and apparently LO weighed 1680g which is exactly on the average line of where she should be at this point!

Worry over :D I really think it is like others have said and your baby gets what she needs first. We've just been lucky even though it really hasn't felt like that at times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back