Anyone else due this week and having no signs of anything occuring?

NATALIE81

Reaction score
Hey

I'm due on Thursday but as yet no signs of anything labour related i don't think she has engaged as i can still feel her moving quite high up although i am getting a lot more lower back ache and pain in my hips than have had before. I haven't had a show or lost my plug yet.

I know that the usual if you go over due is to leave you 2 weeks before inducing you, but i have been told that the longer they leave it the more dangerous it can become as the placenta starts to deteriorate and then can no longer provide baby with the nutrients it needs so leaving longer than a week can seriously affect baby. Does anyone else know if this is true?

Also i have read that when induced labour is much worse than if it occured naturally because obviously baby is being forced out and there are more chances of complications arising from baby getting distressed and more induced labours end up in emergency c-sections, again does anyone know if this is for the majority of inductions or is this just people scare mongering?

I'm getting pretty anxious about it all now

well i was due on friday and still no sign havent had a show or my waters havent went getting really impatient now lol. was at the midwife last week just before i wazs 40 weeks and the baby still wasnt engaged and was lying back to back..

i heard this too if u get induced more chance of an emergency c section wheter its true or not i dont know:whistle:

im sure MW wouldnt let you get to a stage where its dangerous for baby, I think my MW induce at 40+12 first. xx hope you get some signs soon xx

yeah i agree with isobel, dont think they would let you go into any danger. you never know you may go into labour before you even have to worry about induction, and even then im sure everything will be fine. sending labour dust to you sweety, xx

I had no signs that i was gonna go into labour with my daughter! I woke up feeling fine, went out to sunbathe in the garden, started getting some niggles then afew hours later gave birth! Some labours really do just come on, im hoping it happens again this time!!! Fingers crossed you won't be waiting much longer! x x

I had no signs that i was gonna go into labour with my daughter! I woke up feeling fine, went out to sunbathe in the garden, started getting some niggles then afew hours later gave birth! Some labours really do just come on, im hoping it happens again this time!!! Fingers crossed you won't be waiting much longer! x x

Pretty much ditto, I had no signs that I was going to go into labour x hope it happens soon for you x

well my friend was sat at playgroup yesterday morning with me at 11am she got up to go to the toilet her waters broke and she had a baby boy at 5pm yesterday teatime, and she was just saying she had no signs lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back