Anyone developing weird phobias in pregnancy?

katiejane

Reaction score
Since just before I found out i was pregnant i've been really struggling with dizzyness. The worst thing i'm finding is escalators, everytime i try and go on one going down i go really funny and dizzy and feel like i'm falling forward. Its not something i've ever struggled with before, never been afraid of heights or anything. Today i was shopping in house of fraser and i couldn't even get on it, i had to get off, leaving oh wondering where i'd gone and the people behind me and one of the sales assistants looked at me like i was loopy. Am i going mad?

Dizziness is a very common symptom in early pregnancy. This was one of my first symptoms last time :) Things like escalators/lifts use to make it worse and bring on sickness for me as well x

Last edited:
Oh thank you, i thought i was going mad. My OH thinks the new escalator fear is funny but a bit odd i think, he's turns around as if to say oh wheres she gone, lol.
Does the dizzyness stay all through the pregnancy, my gp doesn't want me to drive while i'm still getting dizzy.

It lasted for me until 2nd trimester and then it settled down :)

Yes!! I went upstairs at my sisters house and found that I couldnt come back down; very weird sensation. I am usually frightened of heights but this took it to a new level. Her stairs are very steep though and small but I have never had trouble with them before.

I always feel like i am walking on a tred mill when i get out of a lift, i hate them, and escalators make me dizzy too xx

i have been gettin opthalmic migraines. which are awful. basically they are migranes but without the head ache. you get a bit dizzy and total impaired vision. i see flashing lights and lose a bit of my sight. its very scary and it usually lasts almost an hour. i have had just ONE before in my entire life but apparently pregnancy can bring them on for some ladies. must be whats happening with me.as i have had 3 now and im only 7 weeks pregnant xx

I suffer from migranes during pregnancy too hun. I had about 2 a week last pregnancy. I've only had 3 so far this time. There not nice but they go away after delivery xx

I get the dizzyness.... and have had headaches today too with them....

i have been gettin opthalmic migraines. which are awful. basically they are migranes but without the head ache. you get a bit dizzy and total impaired vision. i see flashing lights and lose a bit of my sight. its very scary and it usually lasts almost an hour. i have had just ONE before in my entire life but apparently pregnancy can bring them on for some ladies. must be whats happening with me.as i have had 3 now and im only 7 weeks pregnant xx

Flashes and dizziness here too; also feel like my eyes 'dont fit' - classic symptoms of migraine for me' Im expecting a full blown one as the pregnancy goes on; last time I had an almighty one :( its the progesterone.
I had depo-Provera once, the GP didnt say that it was unsuitable for migraine sufferers. I woke up the next morning with my entire left side numb and tingling, it got worse as the day went on and i ended up being admitted as they thought I had had a stroke, brain MRI scan and everything, a very scary experience. Apparently it was migrainous neuralgia - a form of migraine in my opinion caused by the depo-Provera!

Last edited:
Omg I had tingling in my fingers with one of them!!

i didnt know it was the progesterone! How interesting. Lucky us hey!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back