Any police officers on here?

Lillyprincess

Reaction score
I'm 5 1/2 weeks and work full time as a front line police officer. Anyone else on here in the same job?

Thanks xx

hey Lilly, there is a few of us on here!

I assume you have told work already?? I told mine as soon as I found out as the night i went in the first call was for a violent domestic ongoing. And my hand went straight to my stomach protectively and I just said I couldnt go to that call.

was put on protected duties straight away and civvies. Now I am working in productions, which is actually pretty hard going for a pregnant woman!

my Sgt has been really good, my Insp not so much. I am being sent to Occy Health as I have been off sick twice since pregnant, and one of those times I was signed off. Coupled with being off sick twice last year that is my 4 absences. He is also recommending my right to self cert be removed! haha, like to see them bloody try!

hope your work is better to you than mine! xx

hey Lilly, there is a few of us on here!

I assume you have told work already?? I told mine as soon as I found out as the night i went in the first call was for a violent domestic ongoing. And my hand went straight to my stomach protectively and I just said I couldnt go to that call.

was put on protected duties straight away and civvies. Now I am working in productions, which is actually pretty hard going for a pregnant woman!

my Sgt has been really good, my Insp not so much. I am being sent to Occy Health as I have been off sick twice since pregnant, and one of those times I was signed off. Coupled with being off sick twice last year that is my 4 absences. He is also recommending my right to self cert be removed! haha, like to see them bloody try!

hope your work is better to you than mine! xx

Sorry to hear you are being given a hard time, hope I won't have the same problems.

Told work, but feel very uneasy talking about something which has a likely hood of not being successful so early on (trying to stay practical).

I love my job, so I'm very sad that I can't carry out my duties :sad:

I am working early shift at the weekend, so will see what that brings .

Thanks for your reply xx

I know I was the same. I felt that i had the right to keep it secret until 12 weeks taken away from me, but we dont have much choice do we?
i had OST training at 6 weeks pregnant, and felt ridiculous having to sit most of it out!

I know what you mean about sitting in side, everytime an exciting call comes in and everyone rushes out pulling on their kit and then hearing the sirens blaring out of the back yard makes me SO jealous and frustrated. But its going to be a long time before I am rushing out to an incident again, so i had best just get used to it.
x

I would cut off my right arm to be a police officer :(
I'm so jealous, good on ya ladies xx

I would cut off my right arm to be a police officer :(
I'm so jealous, good on ya ladies xx

its never to late! I joined up when I was 29. Best job in the world if you can ignore all the politics......x

I can't join, I only have vision in one eye, gutted :( x

I'd love to do this but I wouldn't pass the fitness - metal ankle means running has not happened since I did it nearly 20mths ago!!! Plus I was training to be a police station rep - probably the people who cause you a bit of grief by no comment interviews lol!! But the hours is the off putting thing ESP as my oh works shifts too!!

We should start our own force for people with metal ankles and one eye :) x

I think you're duty bound anyway aren't you to tell your line manager? Im in response and had to tell as soon as I found out at 3 weeks :roll: was taken off the ground immediately x

Yes I used to be ! Decided to quit while on my maternity leave and don't regret it at all. I was an officer for 6 years , and had good times but really didn't like it anymore and really didnt wanna stay anymore! xx

Mum of Owen. Born 11/7/11 @ 19.17pm weighing 7lb 12 oz :)

I think you're duty bound anyway aren't you to tell your line manager? Im in response and had to tell as soon as I found out at 3 weeks :roll: was taken off the ground immediately x

Yes I will have to say when I go back to work. It doesn't help that I'm a "riot" officer. So get used for public order situations. If it wasn't for that I may have kept quiet for a while.

I feel silly though. I feel practically normal with minimum symptoms. Ive done 6 BFP tests because I've been in denial. I still don't really believe it to be honest. X

Yes I will have to say when I go back to work. It doesn't help that I'm a "riot" officer. So get used for public order situations. If it wasn't for that I may have kept quiet for a while.

I feel silly though. I feel practically normal with minimum symptoms. Ive done 6 BFP tests because I've been in denial. I still don't really believe it to be honest. X

yeah but just think how you would feel if you get kicked or punched in the stomach?? its just not worth the risk. Never mind dealing with people that have HIV, HEP etc etc.
Its boring to be office bound, and frustrating but its all worth it in the end! x

yeah but just think how you would feel if you get kicked or punched in the stomach?? its just not worth the risk. Never mind dealing with people that have HIV, HEP etc etc.
Its boring to be office bound, and frustrating but its all worth it in the end! x

I know your right and that's why I've put my hands up.

Pls god just give me a semi interesting job! Xx

So I have just been offered a post as a British Transport Police officer and it would be starting on 30th April. As previously we did not no how long it would take for an intake to come up, me and my partner have decided that I would come off the pill next week. Now, I have no idea what to do! Id love to take the job, but I am also so ready to start a family and was getting excited to come off the pill. I really don't know what to do? Does anyone know what would happen if I was to fall pregnant whilst training etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back