Any one else been put on iron tablets?

x Naomi x

Reaction score
When i went to the docs on Monday he checked my blood results that had come back the week before and said my blood count was a little low so he has started me on iron tablets - 3 a day

Is anyone taking these?

I have black poo! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

i know i had been feeling tired from 6-8 weeks but i feel fine now, that was probably what made me feel overly tired

ive been taking them for just over a month... i have green pooh lool.
i no i shoudlnt rele be in here but ohwell hehe.
i didnt realise that you can get them when in first tri but my sis is staring them aswell shes jst into 2nd tri... but dont worry about the pooh lool its the norm im afraid :lol:

Thanks for replying hun :hug:

I know i was surprised i needed them this early on really but seems i need them so hoping it will make me feel fantastic lol!

yeah they made me feel so much better less tired had more energy... and just generally helped me feel myself again :D

I was at the docs yesterday, and he has prescribed me a multi-vitamin with iron because I dont eat meat, fish or eggs and therefore probably dont get enough. The capsules he prescribed are seemingly the Spanish equivalent to Pregnacare, from UK...

Anyway, thats all. I hope I dont get black poo!! :rotfl:

Lol i think you will be ok i have been taking pregnacare since TTC

I already take a multi vitamin with folic acid and that has iron in it too. I'm not a veggie but i just don't eat that much red meat or fish so I need something to boost my levels.

My p00 is normal though..... I bet it's fun to have funny coloured poo!! :rotfl:

hmm..... I'm feeling quite random today!

I reckon I am going to be prescribed iron tablets, I seem to be really, really tired (either that or I'm a wimp lol). Also I seem to get out of breath quite easily which isn't really me (I am used to walking the dog for miles!). I'm sure I read somewhere shortness of breath was related to lack of iron. Or maybe it was anaemia :think:

My MW put me on those with Isaac, I wasn't tired though and got bad constipation, so wasn't very happy. Went to see my GP for a blood test, and she said my blood count was fine and I shouldn't be on iron tablets, if I remember rightly a count of 11 or lower is when you should take supplements? This time I'm soooooooooo tired I think I do need them, so will be interested in seeing my blood test results, but don't have my bloods taken until 3rd March :lol:

I would advise drinking orange juice with anything you eat as it helps your body absorb the iron content :hug: Very best wishes, my poo went black too :lol:

Yep, Iron tablets can make you constipated. I had to take them after the birth of my son as I lost a lot of blood but I had a transfusion and stopped taking them as soon as I could.

Defo try and each an iron rich diet and drink OJ with meals as Redshoes said to help absorb the iron content.

Hope you're iron levels go back up soon.

thanks everyone, rang the midwife today just to clarify and she said it my iron stores that are low :think: i have to keep taking them and then when i have my 12 week scan on march 6th they will check it again and see what level it is at then

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back