Any mumies of babies with C.F ?

tinytoes

Reaction score
Well Lilys tests have come back positive , we just have to have some genetic testing to confirm in two weeks . I was wondering are there any other mummies who's babies have cystic fibrosis on the forum ? I have some stupid questions . I know I should joint the irish cf forums but Im not there yet .

I don't hun but I can tell you that I used to work with a girl with CF.
She left to open a string of hairdressers! She's fabulous. She must be 34,35 now and is über successful.
You have the strength hun xx

Thats amazing ! here I am wondering about stupid things like do I need to move because my house is damp and should I dye my hair in my mums incase it upsets her chest :wall: Im a dope

Haven't got any experience personally but didn't want to read and run.

I know one girl though who is 21 and plays professional hockey and has a completely normal and full filling life.

Big hugs xxxx

You're not a dope, you're a loving and sensible mummy x

Did you watch the documentary that was on a couple of months back about the girl with CF? x

I knew a girl with cf and she is a dancer in cruise ships :)

Your all making me think differently :) I've only been reading about the worst cases xxx

I'm sure my BIL would answer anything you want to know, I'll pm you his twitter name if that helps x

My friends niece has CF and she's a happy normal healthy little girl who occasionally has to go to hospital for check ups. I think her parents do have to be a bit more careful when she gets colds etc but managing it is just part of their life now :)

Last edited:
Sorry about the diagnosis but as the girls said kids/adults do live v fulfilling lives with it esp if diagnosed early and treated well throughout life. My bestfriends 2nd child has CF and she is a full of beans, bright and gorgeous 5 yr old. They do have to work harder with Mairi than the others but it's not part of their routine. Hope the CF foundation charity can provide more help, support and guidance's well as you'd docs etc.. Good luck Hun xx

Thanks girls . I've be chatting on the irish forum and its manageable there are a few things I need to do though . We will need to move shortly our huse is damp and covered in mould in the bedrooms . So im going to speak to my land-lord about either sorthing it or finishing our lease due to unsafe living conditions . In the mean time Im going to buy a d-humidifier

Didnt want to read and run hun but I hope you're feeling a bit more positive about things now. You sound like an amazing mummy :) whereabouts in Ireland are you hun? x

I'm from Kildare hun . What about yourself ? xx

I'm from Belfast hun got a problem with the mould in my house too, nightmare xx

Oh tinytoes my best friend with her CF girl lives in Coleraine-did u want to contact her to chat about things? She had most treatment done in queens hospital and she knows all the things to do and not do and would love to help you if u need someone to talk to etc? Xxx

My cousin has CF he is 25 and is a very sucessful chef. He wasnt diagnosed untill he was 12 (he was been tret for chronic asthma!) He does have to take over 20 tablets a day and picks up colds/bugs v easy. But he leads a normal life. He also runs an internet blog. If your on fb there is a page on there with such insperational stories....people climbing mountains/running marathons etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back