What do you do with your babies?

mablestarr

Reaction score
As the title suggests what kind of things do you get up to with your babies?

The hv has said she will get the local childens centre to call us to let us know what kind of things they do there but not heard anything yet.

Apart from popping to get some groceries or going to the dr surgery we've not really done anything. Have met once with someone that was in hospital with us for lunch which was nice, but you can't do that too often.

I was just wondering if he gets enough interaction, as in the daytime its just the two of us, then OH does a lot with him in the evenings.

We went to baby massage on Tuesday, there was singing and play as well. Isla is a bit rubbish with her hand eye coordination at the moment so she doesnt play as such.

I sit her on my lap, and we sing and play patty cake as well. I try not to let her watch tv all day or her chair is facing the sofa.

Until she is sitting up I can't think of anything else to do with her. I'm a bit rubbish, the other ladies on Tuesday knew loads of tunes and I sat there like a lemon :(

We also meet up with a friend who has a baby 5 weeks older than her x

I do baby massage with Seb after his bedtime bath. During the day when he's awake and I'm not going anywhere I turn the tv off and get his play mat out. He then has tummy time while I sing nursery rhymes to him and chatter away. I pop him on his back to have some play time with the toys on his play gym. I talk to him and do some more singing. I touch his hands and feet and face with different textures. We also have 'conversations' I talk to him and then pause so he can babble back to me and then when he stops I talk again. I also take him out for walks around the lake and he loves looking at the ducks, swans, trees, flowers etc x

Oh and I'm starting baby signing with him and I let him listen to music too. I don't let him watch tv at all yet.

I live a baby groups and sure start centres lol
I just get so bored sat in the house all day and I get to talk to people,
I'm hoping it really helps Herbie as my other two where really clingy but he has been brill up to now

I try to get out the house as much as poss mostly to see friends who have babies too! If we are at home then I lie charley on his play mat and sing and chat to him. Hes still not really interested in toys yet so only has me to entertain him and keep him stimulated!

I will sit Alanna semi upright so she can see my while im working and i chatter away to her, and have her buggy bar which i attatch wherever i can so she has something more fun to look at than mummy Lol she isnt great at locating yet unless shes looking at faces, so isnt that bothered by toys really but i got in trouble from the nursery nurse for not "playing" with her enough and not having enough toys .. :wall:

Thanks ladies - it all sounds like stuff we already try and do. Esoames I don't think I know any nursery rhymes either so don't think youre rubbish.

He's still not to interested in toys either like your Alanna Momma Kat. He'll sometimes try and reach for ones on his play gym but at the moment he prefers to look at them whilst making gurggling noises.

Think we just need to meet some other mums and babies as it can get quite boring being in the house all the time. I have a project lined up for next week though - tidying the spare bedroom and turning it into a nursery - can't wait to get started.

I pretty much do the same as the other ladies. Aiden loves baby massage and we meet up with friends. I talk to him, sing, do nursery rhymes, read books, shake rattles and let him follow them with his eyes, go for walks. To be honest most of the time I just talk to him at this stage!
There is a really good book 'Babys first skills' by Miriam Stoppard and that is really good, some lovely ideas in there from birth to a year old. xx

we go to babygroups every friday and are starting baby massage on tuesdays. we go and see one of my old friends once a week. this is what we do EVERY week. we will soon start swimming once a week and we go to town or meet up with ppl. at home we play alot and chat n sing. but he dont care much about toys yet.

We have done about as much as you, DR / HV and sainsbury's, but this coming week we are planning on meeting a near by lady and her baby that the HV put us in touch with each other as babies are 3 weeks in age difference. Also going to meet some of the NCT ladies at a newly started bumps and baby group.

Hope we can be dressed and out the door in time.

Have to admit doing first is all a bit scary, but once we start doing them i am sure it will get easier.

im starting baby massage in feb and go to a baby group on a friday, whilst at home Tegan plays on her playmat, i talk & sing to her and she's now starting to show more interest in toys xx

sure start centre here is fab i do a peeps course on a tues educational play bf cafe on a weds and makaton singing with signs on a fri had to postpone baby massage till march due to carpel tunnel my hands not up to it id recommend finding your nearest one and get stuck in

sure start centre here is fab i do a peeps course on a tues educational play bf cafe on a weds and makaton singing with signs on a fri had to postpone baby massage till march due to carpel tunnel my hands not up to it id recommend finding your nearest one and get stuck in

wow you're one busy lady.

I'm off to the cinema on wednesday, its a bring your baby screening - so I hope he behaves. xx

Have fun at the flicks! Havent been yet but a good mate goes everyweek, don't worry about LO behaving! Apprently there's loads of screamers and my mate had to spend an hour walking round to get her LO off to sleep. Sounds liek a lot of fun, I want to go!!!

We go to a baby and toddler group, a baby sensory class, a baby group and meet up with my NCT girls. Also visit library and swim sometimes. Pretty busy! But we wern't that busy at the start... The groups (apart from the sensory class) are only a quid so pretty good. i like to get out everyday even if just for a walk.

When at home Owen plays on mat, we sing and chat etc. He watches me doing the washing and cleaning :) He's pretty inetersted in his toys now and chewing everything

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back