Any late walkers and how did you help to encourage?

Olive

Reaction score
My little steady eddie is 17mo and still not walking. He cruises well and occasionally let's go for a moment. He can walk short distances holding my hand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Hun, my son is four now but when I was encouraging him to walk I used to make it into a game with him. Sit on the floor with him and stand him next to the sofa (or something equally as sturdy so he can hold on) and sit a little distance away. Start off really close and encourage him to walk towards you (rattling toys? Favourite teddy?) at first it should only be one step, and each time he achieves it give him lots of positive reward, hugs / kisses / singing a song. Move a little further away each time and again every time it's achieved repeat the reward x try and do this for at least 10 minutes a couple of times a day each day. If you do it for too long in one go he will get frustrated and so will you, but each encouragement and each step will help towards him walking unaided x

Lau I used to sit on the floor, legs wide apart. Then id stand him up about 15/20cm away from me inbetween my legs. Then I'd let go (god this sounds mean lol) and encourage him to come towards me, at first he'd fall and I'd catch him but I got really over happy and praise loads when he tried to come towards me, we done this a fair bit and eventually he done it. Also that walker thing they have helped loads too, can't remember what it's called? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back