any body else got a light sleeping baby/child?

mel_ed

Reaction score
finley is such a light sleeper you only have to go in the room 2 check on him and he'll stur. during the day if i'm lucky he'll have a half hour /hour sleep. i only have 2 sniff or the phone ring and he's awake.
today he was asleep in his cot and alls i did was very very gentley place a blanket on him and he was wide awake again.
any tips???

You could hear a pin drop in my house when Paige is having a nap lol. I have no tips sorry. Paige will only sleep 30 mins during the day at a time. Drives me potty. I could set my watch by it!

Emily is also a light sleeper during the day, bur not at night!

I can go into her ruin during the night and she won't wake up, even though our floorboards are a bit creaky! But during the day I have to just sit in the livingroom with the telly on subtitles!!! You read everywhere that babies have to sleep with noise during the day....NO CHANCE!!!!!

Where does your LO sleep during the day? X

i know its bad but the only place donovan will sleep in the day time is either in my arms or in his car seat! he absolutely loves his car seat even in the house, he has been in there sleeping soundly for last hour and a half and if i put him in it he sends himself to sleep in minutes at nap time! xx

amelia is a heavy sleeper day and night when she does sleep lol

Cahal is a terribly light sleeper during the day, but does sleep well at night so I've come to accept that that's how it's going to be! He never seems overtired or anything so presume all is OK, but when he does have a nap in the day (only for 20-30 minutes max, assuming I don't wake him first!) then all I have to do is breathe a little too loudly and be pings awake again!

I posted a similar post to this last week as I was at my wits end! Jovan is also a light sleeper but only during the day. It drives me mad, I walk around with baby sick on my clothes all day, hardly get time for breakfast or lunch and don't get the chance to do any housework. I have to wait until hubby gets home from work to shower and clean the house! As soon as hubby and I sit down for dinner Jovan us up again! It's crazy, it happens every time, it's like he knows were sitting down to eat! He's fine during the night, I think he knows the difference between night and day and sleeps soundly during the night. He does get up a few times for his feeds in the night but he's straight back to bed again after.

I blame my hubby for Jovan taking after him being a light sleeper. I on the other hand could sleep through an earthquake!

My boy is driving me crazy. He is a really light sleeper day and night. He too will only sleep for 30min in the day and at night it all depends. He won't go to sleep by himself, I have to rock him to sleep and try and put him down before he notices. This took 7 attempts this evening. If he doesn't sleep he is a misery and when he does sleep he is a misery. My back is aching. How long will this last?????

Yep, Isla is a light sleeper during the day. At night she's fine, settles herself to sleep intially and then after every feed but in the day time she has never settled on her own - either falls asleep on me or in the pram but rarely sleeps longer than 20 mins. Then by early evening she's really knackered and ratty so she clearly needs more sleep during the day.

I'm really lucky! I can Hoover in the same room as charley when he's asleep! I've always been noisy around him though cos I got told never tip toe around a sleeping baby and its true cos Lacey will sleep through anything now and charley sleeps with the tv on and me hoovering!

I'm really lucky! I can Hoover in the same room as charley when he's asleep! I've always been noisy around him though cos I got told never tip toe around a sleeping baby and its true cos Lacey will sleep through anything now and charley sleeps with the tv on and me hoovering!

Really???? Wow!!! X

The only thing that wakes him is when I'm about to eat! As soon as he smells food, he's awake! OH will play on his xbox with the surround sound on when Charley's asleep! I'm sure it's because of his swing so I'm abit worried about when he out grows it! God knows how I'll get him to sleep then!

Herbie is the same ask Charley he will sleep through anything I think its called having a nosy house lol, and I get my tidying up done when he naps in the day so has always herd the hoover and things when he's asleep, my hv said they start in the womb getting use to the noise hearing my other two kids running wild is nowt new to him she said so he sleeps through it.
so only thing I can think of doing trying to be a little bit louder each day one of my friends whispers on the phone to me cos her baby is asleep lol

Drakes used to noise in our house..it's so manic here. It's funny that when I have the telly off and its quiet he wakes really easily but if the music is on, I'm hoovering, the kids are yelling he naps really well lol

glad i'm not the only 1 with a baby that wont sleep lol. just a full hour during the day would be nice just so i can do an hours worth of house work. god help them wen he goes to nursery ha ha! he's gonna have 2 get used to sleeping in noise as i'm sure all the babieswont stay quiet just because finleys asleep lol

finleys used 2 be the same when he was about 2 months old. completely different now

try putting some "white noise" on when you put him down to sleep. That way he will get used to falling alseep with noise. I hoover when Campbell is sleeping and he has only woken once. He likes to fall asleep with the TV on in our bedroom x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back