Dummies & Baby Body Clock

Guadagnia

Reaction score
Hi..
Im having a little bit of a tough time at the mo, with my LO, his body clock is all wrong he sleeps all day and awake all night !!
Hes only 3 weeks old, and Im trying desperatley to keep him awake during the day, dimmed lights at night, etc and minimal contact.

But its driving me mad, and so exhausting too, Ive started giving him a dummy which will pacify him until he drops off to sleep, but worry that its safe for him to have ??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rgds
Guadagnia

Can't see how a dummy would be dangerous... as long as you haven't got any cords hanging off it when he's sleeping. :think: Although you will find if he has a dummy it might fall out and that in turn wakes him up.

Research has shown that there is a reduction in cot death if a baby has a dummy so you have nothing to worry about. I give my little boy a dummy if he is screaming cos he is overtired and it seems to calm him down enough to get himself off to sleep, he is seven weeks old now.

Ryan was exactly the same, no matter what I tried, he'd always stay awake all night. I gave him a dummy but he'd still only sleep in the daytime. He seems to have turned himself now and for the past week he's been sleeping through x hope it improves for you soon x

I know exactly how you feel. I am exhaused too and I have given in and gave Adam a dummy. I am finding it hard to get him to wake during the day and to sleep at night.

I don't see any reasons why not to give your lo a dummy as long as it's clean at all times then there shouldn't be a problem.

I am trying a set bedtime routine with Adam and fingers crossed it is making a bit of a difference.

Keep us updated on how you are getting on with getting his body clock sorted and any tips you find work. xxx

My LO is a particularly sucky baby so oftens needs a dummy to soothe herself to sleep. I let her fall asleep with the dummy and it just drops out when she's fallen asleep. As mentioned in the above post, the FSID and the Department of Helath now advise that giving a dummy when a baby sleeps/naps can help reduce the incidence of cot death.

oopsy daisy my LO is exactly same...quite gald she does't seem to NEED the dummy, just be soothed by it. We saw Imogen sucking her hands in all the scans we saw when I was pregnant - I had 4 in all. When born, she tried to suck the blanket immediately a VERY sucky baby!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back