Desperate help for first timer!!

kellylou

Reaction score
Alex is 4 days old an we are struggling! He is sleeping a lot in the day and evening he is wide awake can anyone give me any tips on what is best do we keep him awake in the day? If so how??
We had to resort to a dummy last night to try and settle him as he really was screaming but I dont want him to get used to a dummy as trying to establish breast feeding but a whole night with him wide awake again we cannot manage!!!

Thank u x:)

Im not too sure what to suggest as it's hard to entertain a 4 day old baby cos they just wanna sleep!! From about 2 weeks old, charley started to be more alert so I started to play/sing/talk to him. Sorry I can't be much help x x

i changed Layla to bottle feeding at 4days, cos i hadnt got any milk in and she was constantly crying her eyes out, she also has now got a dummy,

ve noticed if i give her a bath b4 bed she settles a lot more,

good luck xxx

start a bedtime routine hun everything quiet and low lighting give him a bath or top and tail and then feed and put down. After a few days they seem to realise its bed time. It's very hard during to day to keep them awake, it will happen though hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back