any advice plz?

mummy26

Reaction score
hi, i had a d and c on 15th oct, the bleeding stopped few days ago however im getting some really heavy discharge, is dat normal?
also i took preg test coz iv read a few posts where after m/c you still get positive result, i took one today but got negative is dat normal?
and lastly how long til i get my period?
soz for all these questions but got no one else to ask.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I had a D&C and I didn't have any discharge, but I did spot for about 5 weeks. I would check with your GP just in case.

I tested positive for about 5 weeks after the D&C, but the consultant at the hospital told me that it would probably only take a week or two for me to get a negative test.

:hug:

everyone is different with my last d&c i only bled for a day my af came about 4-5 weeks after my d&c, most people count the d&c as cd1, so it depends how long your cycles are, but also sometimes your cycles and af's can change after a m/c. I wouldnt worry too much about the discharge as long as it doesnt have a smell and you dont have alot of pain, hopefully it will settle down, but if you are worried it wouldnt do any harm to mention it to your dr for reasurrance.

Sorry for your loss :hug: :hug: :hug:

They say AF can take from 4-8 weeks to arrive. After my D&C, AF arrived 5.5 weeks later. After I miscarried naturally, AF arrived 6 weeks later. Everyone's different though. Hope you don't have too long to wait :hug:

so sorry for your loss,

I'm afraid I can't help too much as I bleed for 15 weeeks after my D&C but I after what i went through, I would say if anything you experience worries you, speak to your GP or epu. If they say its normal, fine but if you still feel things are out of the ordinary, go back to them. I accepted that my bleeding was "normal", when it so obviously wasn't.

J
XX

mummy26 said:
hi, i had a d and c on 15th oct, the bleeding stopped few days ago however im getting some really heavy discharge, is dat normal?
also i took preg test coz iv read a few posts where after m/c you still get positive result, i took one today but got negative is dat normal?
and lastly how long til i get my period?
soz for all these questions but got no one else to ask.

Im really sorry to hear you lost your baby...

the discharge is probably the remains of the pregnancy, obvioulsy the later it was the more that will be left It should clear itself up soon but if it doesnt maybe consuklt your doc...

My period arrived exactly 28 days after the day of my d and c so Im assuming my body treated it as a normal period although I too had on and off bleeding...

Thats great about the negative test because it means that all the hormones have gone, sometimes these can stay forever which can confuse further pregnancies...

I hope you are successful next time, feel free to pm me if you need a chat

xxx

Hi, really sorry to hear of your loss :cry:

It took 33 days for my AF to arrive, didn't have an D&C but I'd definitely go to the doc if you're concerned about the discharge.

Crikey Tick Tock, 15 weeks!!! :shock:

:hug: :hug:

All the very best and hope things return to normal very soon.

Hi Hun,

When I had my 1st (natural) m/c at 6weeks I got an infection, which was sort of old blood mixed with yellowy discharge (Sorry for being so graphic! :oops: ).

The Dr prescribed antibiotics which cleared it up in about a week.

But then I did 'spot' blood on a daily basis for about a further 6 weeks before actually having a proper period.

Go see a Dr if you're worried. Take care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back