anxiety

k8_005

Reaction score
Hmm so iv been really laid back and not worried about birth except to really wanting labour to start but tonight I feel really anxious about things going wrong and what happens after and having a little one who I already love so much here to look after. I just want to do my best and I hope I can get him/her here safely and I hope be the best mummy I can be I guess anxious about the unknowns and iv not had hosp tour and have to be on labour ward and I'm over due and everything x

Aww don't worry you'll be fine I'm sure. I can't speak from experience but I'm sure it's just last minute nerves. Find something to relax you and have a :hugs:

:( chin up. No point being anxious as it has to happen and you know it will all be fine xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Don't stress. Remember your body was built for this, that includes labour and looking after baby afterwards. You'll be great. It's a case of on the job learning, just trust yourself. xxxxx

I had days like that, and get them this time too. But when I went into labour nothing like that ever entered my mind.

I think it's perfectly normal. It doesn't particularly help these days when we are so clued up about everything.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Totally get how ur feeling, I'm 39+5 and now I'm getting really anxious about labour, more so that my little one arrives safely, keep thinking of all the things that may go wrong which I now is totally unhelpful. Like u iv never been in the mat ward of hosp, never had a tour and iv never been to any classes so feel really unprepared. Im convinced that I'm not going to go into labour naturally and that I'll be induced at 2 weeks over.
I know some of this stems from not actually believing I could be so lucky and fortunate to be having a child, especially after having a few horrendous things happenning over last couple of years.
I know being this anxious will make labour 10 times harder so I'm just trying to focus on my hypobirthing stuff to keep me as relaxed ad possible.

aww hun, it's normal to have worries.... just try not to think on them too much and just remember its normal!

I keep thinking 'oh shit I'm going to have a baby soon, someone completely reliable on ME!' so scary!

Ladies, there's nothing stopping you from at least visiting the hospital for a dry run...

We did this as our tour was at 20 weeks and I'd forgotten where everything was. So we went back at 39 weeks, worked out how to get to the delivery suite, where toilets were, where the cafe and vending machines were, checked how to get the day pass for the car park. Stuff like that.

----------------

I know how to get to the hosp where cafe is and where to park n pay its more just iv not been in labour room or delivery suite tour at all. I feel calmer this morning why do things always seem worse late at night. Thank you everyone I think I was just having a little hormonal wobble iv done antenatal classes but I know things don't go to plan all the time. I have to be positive and it will be fine when it happens (says rational brain!!) Xxx

Don't worry about the labour ward, in the grand scheme of things you won't be in there long.

Glad you're feeling better today though :)

----------------

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27